gf still talking to ex

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by a7Xtasy 769, May 3, 2010.

1. so the background is me and this girl have been going out for a few mounths and i think it has been going good and we both really like eachother

and today we were lying in bed n she went to the bathroom. she left her phone and i tried to fuck with the background when she gets a text from her ex bf. of course being suspicous i take a look at the text and it says "ttyl"

now im really suspicous so i take a look at the others, and they talked about trying to hang out last week

now i know she really likes me, but im just pissed now. Im obviously goin to confront her, but i dont know how to bring up i looked through her phone and wether to break it off with her

advice? she went out with her ex for two years before me...so im not sure if they still have a conection or not

2. sounds like you need to withdraw from the situation a little, could be overly attached for something which sounds pretty recent.

i doubt she has overly strong feelings for you if she broke up with him recently and is still communicating. they could just still be friends, don't let your mind get the best of the situation. i would however be skeptical and question her motives until she explained.

3. So, from personal experince I dont think that is "break up" worthy. I dated someone for two years and we sayed friends for four. I still dated other people while we were still friends and it wasn't romantic at all. It's just when you date someone for that amount of time it's hard to just stop hanging out they end up being like your best friend.

You should just ask her why they broke up and stuff. And really you shouldn't be going through her phone anyways so you probably shouldn't tell her about that.

4. idk what to say dude
    i know that in my situation with my ex, whenever we met up old feelings come back and things happen
    i dont know the relationship she has with her ex but id tread lightly and not try to get caught up in terms of feelings. dont try to take things to the next level until you figure out if her ex is going to be a threat

5. I have zero tolerance for shit like that, so if it was me I would just bring it up and tell her straight up. Ex's are snakes in the grass dude...not even worth it, and if she wants to keep hanging out with her then fuck her dude, find someone who respects you enough not to put you through shit like that.

6. #6 soapman, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010

You can't confront her about that. I hate that bitches do this as much as any other guy, I've been screwed in these types o situations. But, You can't confront her about it....You went through her phone without her permission....yeah what she is doing isn't cool, but she hasn't given you a reason to not trust her?? What you did was wrong....so it's only gonna piss her off and you'll just end things earlier than planned. You've already given her a reason to not trust you.

She definitely still has a connection with her ex probably a whole lot more than with you at least. It really all depends on how they broke up, goood/bad/mediocre? Point is you can assume what she will do all day long but until she gives you a real down to earth reason to not trust her than I'd sit tight. Who knows man maybe she's gonna tell him all about you and that she can't be talking to her ex anymore.

7. sounds like my ex.

take it from someone who's been in your situation. ok you confront her about it, she's not going to stop, she's just going to try harder to keep it a secret.

You sound really attached but I think you should keep your options open.

8. You should ask her if she has been talking to her ex and if she is planning on hanging out with him. If she answers no to these questions then obviously she's lying to you.. and most probably she is lying because shes planning on doing more than just hang out. Then you can dismiss her on the spot. Dont worry about having to tell her you went through her phone. You have every right to go through her phone.

9. shes a cheating bitch, dump her.. but blow a load in her face for fun first.

10. no one has the right to snoop through someone elses phone. and that goes for computer and email as well unless you have some indication of cheating before hand.

11. she might still be friends with him?
    confront her about it, see what she says.
    if shes acting all slick and unsteady about the subject then your onto something.

12. When you're the man in the relationship you have that right unless you're pussywhipped. I can check my wife's email, phone, everything I want and she does not have access to my email or phone but she accepts it. I'm honest with her though and dont cheat.

13. So, you don't trust your wife???

14. Its different with every single situation.

I'm very good friends with several of my exes. Our relationships were sooo long ago. If any new guy had an issue with me talking to him, I'd tell him to be a man and deal with it. If he can't see that there's no feelings left between my exes and I, then he's an idiot that needs to grow a pair.

Just my point of view on the subject. However.. if there are obvious red flags that she talks to the guy too much or spends too much time with him or acts shady around him, etc... then there are reasons to break up.

But if she just texts him and they're just friends and there's nothing there, it does no good to be the jealous boyfriend.

15. I trust her, but I have access to her things just by default.. thats all.

16. QFT. Took me a while to figure this out, but since my recent Facebook addiction I've come to terms with this.

17. :hello:confront her about talking &hangin w/ex if she lies or isnt up front about it cut &run:confused: w/out trust u got nothing:smoking::smoking:

18. Be the better man; no need to snoop in her shit when it's like that.

19. seriously. i draw the line at snooping.

i know my ex searches for my posts on here to this very day to see what i'm talking about, whether it be about him or about some other guy. that is completely and totally unnecessary... and its just as bad to do when you're IN a relationship - if not, worse because there's more at stake.

20. #20 JollyStoner, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
    So are you saying that people should turn a blind eye to things that may reveal their partner is cheating on them? The OP stated that he picked up her phone with the intention of changing her background as a prank when he noticed a text arrive from her Ex.. I agree with you for the most part (constant snooping is not good) but when something obvious like this is in your face then I dont blame him for looking.

Dont tell me you wouldn't have done the same.. if you happen to be using your BF's phone and his ex texted him you wouldnt read it? Anyone who answers no to this is a flat out liar.

EDIT: He had no idea they were planning on hanging out. I think he has the right to know this. She should have told him that she was communicating with the ex.