Getting your GF to like the TV shows you like....how?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Vash.The.Stampede, May 9, 2012.

1. My girlfriend always dominates the TV. She watches true blood, survivor, cake boss, and this other crap that I wouldn't normally watch - except she makes me.

Like if she wants to watcha show, whether I like it or not, she will get all cranky and upset if I dont spend some time and watch with her.

On the flip-side, If want to play my xbox. watch sports, or a kung-fu flick - she first says no, i dont want to watch that, then, after I finally win the throne to the couch and watch what I want on TV - she leaves the room, because if she doesn't like what I am watching, she has not interest in hanging out.

This shit happens almost every night now (we are living together) - and every night, whether it be TV or netflix, If I pick something I want to watch she doesn't even compromise. Its constantly shooting down what I want to watch, and her being cranky until she gets what she wants.

wtf.

2. Tie her up, tape her eyes open and gag her with something. She'll watch anything you want.

3. Just ask her politely to be fair and put herself in your shoes.

*listen babe, i don't just let you watch your shows but i also watch them with you. Do you think it's fair to not even let me watch a little of what i like?*

Is she replies with a no, then slap her and throw the tv out the window.

4. There is no accounting for taste, you can't force someone to like something and any attempt to do so is sheer folly. Just try to show her your favorites, but prepare for disappointment

5. What WW said. Dont have false expectations, she isnt likely to ever like the shows that you like and vice versa. Pick your battles man, its just tv. Suck it up and watch some craptastic boob tube for relationships sake and be happy you get to play xbox at all.

6. do the same thing to her she's get you to watch her shit cause she knows she can/

7. Do you have netflix? That shit is like a godsend.

Anywho, why don't you guys sit down and try and find a show that you can watch together? Idk man, there are plenty of great shows and whatnot to watch.

8. It works better for me and my wife to not like all of the same stuff on TV. After 24 years together, we know we need our space. So we watch our shows in different rooms, then when we want to spend time together I either go to her or she comes to me. Works perfectly. Give us the space we need, but neither of us are "hurt" by not being together all the time when at home. When we do actually find a show we both love, then there is quality time we know we will spend together each week. Doesn't help things spending time together if one of you isn't into what the other is doing or watching. That will just make one of you miserable.

9. you two just gotta find tv shows or movies to watch together that you both like
    whether than just forcing each other to watch something that one of you hates :smoke: