Getting wisdom teeth removed - mass gainer shakes while recovering?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TheNorthern, Jun 9, 2010.

1. #1 TheNorthern, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    Hello, I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out in a few days. However since I can't eat solid food for a week or two afterwards I'm concerned about losing lots of weight. I just started going to the gym around a month ago and I've gained a few pounds already, which is awesome considering I'm a tiny dude.

My question is, since mass gainers have high calorie/protein levels can I consume like one fat shake a day (along with shit like yogurt and fucking soup..) while recovering to prevent a loss of calories/protein in my daily intake and a loss of my newly gained weight? I don't imagine i'll be working out very hard during this time (I will be biking/walking during the days to curb boredom) so will the gainer powder negatively affect me? I really don't want to drop ten pounds while recovering..

2. As long as you are eating as many calories or more that you use in a day then you will not lose weight.

If you are not in a caloric deficit, a week or two will not atrophy your muscles.

3. Like Madrid said.. you should be fine as long as your consuming more calories than your using. In my opinion a protein or gainer shake would be adequate to keep those few extra pounds you've gained. Dont do too much during your time off... if your blood gets pumping you have a chance at blowing out your stitches in your gums and you'll surely regret that decision when you feel dry socket. If anything just take the time off you have to put in some extra calories and chill out.

4. You're stressing too much. There is plenty of soft food out there that you can eat; macaroni and cheese, mashed potatotes, refried beans, jello, etc. It's not a long enough time to have a significant impact on your body; it's not like you'll be starving yourself.

I would walk only; I don't recommend biking unless you are planning on taking it really slowly. Like FireFly said, the last thing you want is to cause the wounds to open up. Then it really will be long enough to have a major impact on your diet/exercise.

5. Yeah I didn't really think about all my possibilities, I've been eating eggs,muffins, protein shakes and other stuff. I'm doin pretty good actually, got my T3's goin, smoking my home-made vaporizer through my nose. Sucks having to wait like another 5 days till I can smoke cigarettes though. :mad: