Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting the Flax Straight about Cannabidiol

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Well, the "Examiner" apparently went belly up/ got transformed into "AXS" and all of their links no longer exist except as occasional forum re-posts! Which is really a shame, because some of the articles were quite interesting. :cry: Anyway, I found that someone had re-posted the little article on flax containing CBD (cannabidiol), BUT it was in the middle of a rather long thread on another forum, so I am re-re-posting it here at GC! :gc_rocks:

FYI- CBD is the #2 cannabinoid in cannabis. it doesn't get you high, but has many medical uses. Flax seed is also a very good source of Omega 3. Omega 3 is necessary to properly make your CB1 receptors- you know, the ones that get you high when you toke! :GettingStoned: You want lots of good healthy CB1 receptors, so take your Omega 3! :yay:

OK, here's the re-post!

Getting the Flax Straight about Cannabidiol

A research team based in Poland may have discovered that CBD is a major component of the flax plant. The Cannabis plant also makes CBD (Cannabidiol), a miraculous plant compound that demonstrates the potential to treat a wide range of diseases with virtually no side effects.

Interestingly, the researchers discovered the presence of CBD in flax accidently. They were analyzing genetically modified flax plants and comparing them to natural flax plants. The team noted that the production of several compounds was slightly enhanced in the GMO plants and decided to identify them.

Further analysis revealed that CBD-like compounds were prevalent in many parts of the flax plant and their products, such as such as fibers, seeds, leaves, and seedcakes.

The authors believe the beneficial actions of flax (such anti-inflammatory effects) may be due to the presence of CBD. However, the mechanism of CBD’s benefits remains a mystery since CBD does not activate the same receptors as THC.

Originally at-
    Getting the Flax Straight about Cannabidiol The Latest On AXS

So now I can keep this in my "Granny Storm Crow's List" ! :weed:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  2. interesting.. flax oil will oxidize very quickly so it would be hard to decarb the CBD in flax though without oxidizing it...