Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

getting "tar" on my lips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnkasey, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so everytime i hit my glass bong (even if its freshly cleaned) i get tar on my lips, is there anyway to stop this happening? ive tried 4-5 diffrent bongs and still get tar on my lips (i litterly get brown marks on my hand when i wipe my lips off after a hit), its so rough : / is this just part of smoking? cause ive only really noticed it semi-recently (last 2 or so months)

2. Thats never happened to me.

3. I think u mean joints...and use crutches.

4. .... yeah ive been smoking for a year and i dont know the diffrence between a joint and a bong?... yeah no...

im using a glass double chamber bong with a diffuser down stem and a built in percolator... defently not a joint

and the brown marks u get in bongs, yeah thats called tar bro, and its quite possible it can end up on your lip...

i just want to know how to AVOID it

5. dont rub your lips on the inside of the bong just kinda set em in there I cant believe this needs explaining your definitely gettin stoned too much sunshine

6. I have never heard of this from a freshly cleaned bong. Hell, I once left my bong uncleaned for a few months and never had this.

You don't spin your bud do you? Not that that should lead to the tar on lips problem....

7. Vape instead.

8. yes, i do spin my bud, im australian and thats pretty much just how its done over here, if i smoke green ill throw up and cough everywhere. would take me months of un-enjoyment to try smoke green. would that be where im getting the tar from the tobaco?

9. I have never heard of this happening to anybody ever.

10. lol. weird problem. that "tar" or resin usually takes awhile to build up on the sides and shit, like to get enough to worry about from one hit is like wow. you must know how to really suck man. haha no offense.

11. #11 Flight96, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    Lol. I have never in my life heard of anyone getting brown shit on their lips from using a bong. EVER. I've let my bongs go weeks without cleaning and never once did ANYTHING get on my fuckin lips lol....hence the reason i said joint. that is the only thing ive EVER gotten tar on my lips from besides a blunt. How can you possibly do that...? how do you actually get the tar build up from your bong to your lips..? do you honestly suck that hard...? lmao. completely unheard of on my end. heard it here for the first time. You should be a cleaner person maybe. Jhonkasey from fuckin nowhere.

12. Keep it fucking clean then?

13. I've never had this happen with anything, joints, blunts, pipes, especially not my bong. My best guess would be heavy amounts of tar/resin being generated by the tobacco. Smoking green would make you cough your lungs out but not if you mix it with tobacco? Sounds backwards to me.

14. #14 johnkasey, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  15. Boy, you better learn how to smoke your shit correct. Don't make me come down there and put your scrawny ass in a chokehold.

16. Then the only other thing it could be is tobacco but that still sounds highly improbable.

17. Then that doesn't make ANY sense. Your brand new bong isn't going to leave you with resin marks on your lips. Resin is from using a piece for a while...not a brand new piece. :confused:

18. i dont think its resin, its just brown shit in the smoke when your inhaling getting left on your lips. really wish there was more Australian smoking forums.. trying to communicate with stuck up Americans hurts my brain.

19. #19 iSPARK, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    hahahahahahahhahahahahahah :laughing:

You're so cool dood.

BTW

Obviously you're doing something wrong if you're getting tar in your mouth xDD. And no it's not tar bro, it's resin. You're just stupid.

20. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Dude, if you noticed, I live in Western Australia. NONE of my friends spin their bud. NONE. I know a few people who roll doobies with baccy, but that's it. To me it is straight sacrilege, what a waste of bud! Even when I smoke cigarettes, I still never spun.

If you always spin your bud, how would you know if this happens with normal weed?

So my suggestion is to stop smoking the wonderful herb until you can fully appreciate it for what it is ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.