Getting ready to start, what should i do for this

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 97supra, Nov 1, 2009.

1. looks like an ok deal. the bulb looks like mh in the pick tho. if your unfamiliar with hydro, it may be a good start, when it comes time to flowering you'll need to feed them more then a few times a day like that system does. i've built all my hydro systems myself execpt for my first cloner, i wanted to get a feel for how it worked before i built my own. if you take your time in building the system yourself you should be fine. just dont rush into it and spend boo-coo bux and then kick yourself in the ass(ive done it) but you can by a 400w hps on ebay shipped for 150, and build a simple system for under 100(if your smart bout it you can do it for less then 50).

2. thanks for the input. thats an hps bulb, i think thats a pretty good deal. but id like to have an mh too. i might try a full cfl grow just because im kind of on a budget. idk yet

3. man if i was you i'd concider goin organic at first alot less startup costs and alot less cahance of screwin things up.the first thing you might want to concider is buying jorges grow bible to weigh out all your options. i mean go hydro you have to keep so much more in check.i got me a 1000watt switchable ballast with a hps lamp for 200 bucks from gereral hydroponics some mirical grow worm castings and bat guano and some disstilled water and i am well on my way.course i got me a biodome from park seeds and a heating pad . well on my way.i got some gereral hydro ferts too.30 days into grow and i got 15 good healthy plants goin on 8 nodes and it won't be long before i go to 12/12 light sceam for flowering.so let's see lamp 200 biodome 25 heating pad 25 dirt and ferts 30 seeds high dollar.so if you use free bag seeds you are looking at 280 bucks.i would recomend you by good seeds from a good seed bank to cut your grow time way down and raise your quallity way up.this is some good info. can save you alot of dough, time and failures.put your trust in what you read in jorge's book.good luck