Getting Over First Love?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by plainsight, May 18, 2013.

1. GF and I split up recently,  life's been meh lately. Girls here and there but they just don't give me the same connection like her.  She was my first serious girlfriend for over a yr and half

Any of you guys have stories of getting over a tough split or anything. Is life is better now? Found someone better? Howd you move on?
    I guess it's just hard for me to wrap my head around the concept of just moving on and not seeing or talking to them anymore and you slowly just stop thinking about them. I've had to do it before, just been a while 

Good vibes

2. How long has it been since the breakup?

took me a good 5-6 months to be totally ok, f*ckin long ass time. 

3. The first "real" relationship always ends the hardest. 

but don't worry, things get better.

4. #4 RoadRunner70, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    I remember when I broke up with my first gf after 7 months, I was young (15) We clicked really good and I did love her. But then I started talking to this other girl I was crazy over, long story short i dumped my gf and went for the other girl i liked,then me amd the girl i liked started dating for a while.she then fucked me over and i got depressed for awhile. I've never had a gf as good as her although she was also only 15 at the time. I miss her sometimes now though, I appreciate the love she gave me, and sometimes I do regret dumping her. But you gotta move on I can't go back now, she has a boyfriend and all that shit now and I live 2000 miles away from her now. Head up man

5. #5 TeenGrass, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    Girl friends are like the crossroads of your life. 

Each time you enter and exit a relationship with a girl, you're making choices on the crossroads. 

Should I turn left, or should I turn right?

Should I go straight, or should I go gay?

And... you never can forget your first love because that's where you came from. 

Everything started from there. 

Sex. Love. And relationship. 

I think it's foolish to try to erase that memory. 

I would cherish it if I were you. 

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5T96LHnEWw

7. Take it from a pro, I wont say why I am.

But love is a temporary thing.

And the only thing that can erase the pain, the only thing

Is time.

8. GET HER BACK.

9. I was in a similar situation... Dated a really nice girl for a Year & a half. Her mom found out we were fucking and broke us up :/
    It took me a good 4-5months to get over her, All you really need is closure! Thee good side to the story is, during the "getting over her phase" I met a really fucking awesome girl that was an exchange student from Germany :p we're into the same music, she loves smoking weed & is basically everything I'd want in a girl, and it was an added bonus, sex with her was AMAZING. Sad part now is, she's 7000km's away back in Germany. After I finish school this year I hope to go over there to see here

PS: the best way to get over a girl is to get under another :p