Getting out of a ticket?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMullusk, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Hey, just wondering if anyone knwos anything about this either through experience or whatever. The other day I got a ticket for turning left at a stop sign which you apparently can't do between the hours of 10pm and 2am (it was 10:30...what a prick). Anywho, i've heard mixed things about tickets being voided if the info is wrong on the ticket and was wondering what the truth is. Basically i was reading over my ticket and saw she labled my car as a Jeep Cherokee (it's a Jeep Liberty) and she said it was Gray (it's tan/gold). I'm assuming that since the license place # is correct and all that it doesn't matter based on this quote I read from some site:

I've been looking to try and find info on the policies for Dallas, TX but haven't come across anything yet. Anywho, i know i'm probly stuck with it but was just curious anyway.

2. I dont know the laws in that state, but proly doesn't mean much.
    Id be interested to see what happens though, keep us updated.

3. Yeah, arguing with the man is pretty futile...

I tried when I got a 65 in a 35, when in fact there was no way I was going above 55 and it was in a 40 zone. I politely informed Officer Nutsack of this, but no go...

By the way did your name come from Ween? Or just a coincidence?

4. Yeah I was just gunna suck it up and pay it but my roomie thought i might be able to get out of it. Dunno.

And yes, its from Ween :)

5. take it to court. most of the time the cop wont show and they'll drop it anyway... the piggy has to be present to dispute the validity otherwise they cant hold it true... and wtf kinda law says you cant turn left at a stop sign between 10pm and 2am.... f'in' texas

6. If you show up to court to contest it, you've got a chance

The officer might not show up, after all it's just a little ticket, and then I think you'd win

And if you can argue that it was okay for you to take a left at that stop sign, the judge might take pity

7. when dealing with cops.
    there's only two simple things.
    1) Kiss Ass (they take it as respect)
    2) Be Sober going to court. i've had many friends think it funny to go to traffic court stoned but that winds up causing more issues

if you honestly think the cop will not show up than take it to court
    and judges don't show pity they are just worn out from hearing bullshit all day lol i had community service back when i was young and on prob.

8. you guys are talking about the cop not showing up to court. When they schedule your court date, a lot of the time the cop puts all his cases on the same date, so they're normally there. They just pack all their tickets into one day and chill at the courthouse just in case someone decides to fight it. Just apply for supervision and you should be alright if you don't get a ticket in 3 months.

9. Me and my best friend got way too drunk on rye one night. We were on white ave in edmonton(party central), anyways we got into a huge fistfight for some reason that is lost on me now. Anyways needless to say the cops show up. They gave both of us 200 dollar fighting in public ticket The thing was, they got my friends birthday wrong and labelled him as a minor. They misspelled my name and my adress. So anyways we figured we could take it to court, because if he was a minor and I wasnt that would be assault on a minor instead of fighting in public. We took it to court and the judge immediatley threw it out the window. We had also stopped fighting before the cops even showed up, so they didnt actually have any real proof, besides the fact that my eye was swollen shut. We didnt have to pay a penny. So you never know, at the absolute worst you could take it to court and they would make you pay anyways.

10. Yeah, this was a 35ish woman straight edge cop, she seems like she'd be the type to show up. As for the supervision does that mean i'd get a reduced cost? I want to do defensive driving or something but I've done it before and i'm pretty sure it was less than a year ago (can only do DD once a year).