Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting my MMJ card this weekend.. but no Health Insurance ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by trooper5010, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I have been a great candidate for acute glaucoma, and might have it diagnosed for me very soon through my eye physician. Hempfest in seattle is this upcoming weekend, and I wanted to gather my medical history on my eye and show them this is why I wanted (or needed?) my MMJ card.. because it helps relieve ocular pressure in my eye, and stops me from tearing so much when I laugh or squint my eyes.

However.. about 2 or 3 months ago, I told my mom to completely stop my health insurance because she kept on complaining how much it was and wanted me to get it through my job or another way. So now, currently.. I do not have medical insurance/coverage. What do I have to expect going in to the drop-in clinics at the Hempfest when I tell them I do not have health care.. the usual cost in Washington for a MMJ certificate is $140-$200 after an analysis.. will the price go up because I dont have medical coverage, or is it not even related to my health insurance at all??

Also a side note.. can I give them my previous health insurer, which my family is still on? And I know.. I don't need any lectures of how I should have health care or how it's dangerous.. we're trying to get on that page again.

Thanks GC!

2. No, most insurance companies don't cover MMJ certification anyways. So you'll probably have to pay the doctor $200. If you don't have your reports/files documenting glaucoma, you'll need to pay an optometrist as well. It doesn't seem like washington (the state) charges for certification (see: 17 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org)