Getting my first bong...help!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Anonymouse5555, Aug 26, 2016.

1. I've recently ordered my first proper bong...it's acrylic and exactly what I've been looking for, I've used homemade ones before but I'm new to proper ones, the description is very brief and does not explain, but I'm not sure wether it comes with a bowl and or wether I will need a gauze, I usually don't grind my herb and i use a decent amount in at once, can someone please help me and tell me wether this bong comes with a bowl and will I need a gauze.www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JVSL0J2

2. Yeah, it will have a metal bowl built into it. With acrylic bongs you don't pull the bowl or downstem, there's a carbhole instead. As for grinding/not grinding, I'd suggest trying it both ways and doing what you like best.

3. Okay thanks for the help man

4. Why would u need a gauze?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I prefer to grind mine so it burns more evenly, need a gauze to stop it falling through in that case, also if you want to take a hit of kief on your bong. If you're not grinding just don't break it up small enough to fit through the holes in your metal bowl and no gauze needed.

6. Never heard of using gauze like that. You're actually just creating a filter with that gauze. Honestly, don't use gauze. If you feel the need to get a metal screen, do that. But don't stuff your downstem with gauze.

7. We're not talking about the bandage materiel, by 'gauze' we mean wire gauze, or metal screens. Maybe it's just in the UK we use that, I dunno!

• Like Like x 2
  8. lol. Makes more sense now. In the US gauze is cotton bandage material.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knowing what a gauze is now (lol), that metal bowl may need one. Some of them have really wide holes.

10. I say u dont need a guaze. Even with a screen kief just falls through sometimes. U just need to top it with something

11. tobacco would technically work just as filler to put the kief on top of. it'd simulate a spliff without the paper!