Getting my dreadlocks done today. Pictures will ensue.

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Jun 15, 2006.

1. EDIT: WOW 2006... i feel like a retard now....

Still no dreads?? lol

2. lol, I had dreads. You have to go to someone who knows how to do dreads for white people. I'm just guessing you are white because of the hair description. It's a lot different than black hair. My hair is really nappy so I didn't even need wax for mine, but you will to let them lock. And don't wash your hair after you get them done. Thatsa big no no. They will deff would have looked like shit after that. Just keep twisting them, and don't add anymore wax or they will get really clompy and your hair would have matted unevenly.

3. just posting to keep it alive...jk

4. Yeah, I now know the necessities of maintenance just after having them put in, and I've been growing my hair out since I lopped the dreads off back in 2006 :)p) with a few trims in between. I haven't done any chemical straightening, color, or any of that stuff, so they should go in, and stay in, fairly easily.

I'm planning on letting it grow a ways past my shoulders before having them put back in, though, since my hair was fairly short the last time I attempted it.

5. Actually I'#ve heard if you fuck up your hair with chemicals, bleech or whatever, its actually better for getting dreads. The drier your hair the better it'll knot up.

Next time I get dreaders I'm going to go for short 'uns. Like 1 1/2" dreaded (so what, @ ~3" undreaded?)

6. Back in the tour years (89-95) I rocked dreadlocks.

Alot of you young folks have some misconceptions about locks...

You better wash your fucking hair.........who doesnt wash???? Thats a stupid myth and should be lain to rest. Try not washing and see what happens to your scalp.
    I suggest a fragrant shampoo since your locks will hold that scent for awhile. (I liked vanilla) RINSE WELL!!!!!

Whats up with the dread wax?? Not needed.
    The only head I ever knew who used that shit tried to rush the process and gooped that shit into his wig.
    He crashed out on a green fuzzy pillow on my couch....and he had green fuzzies in his locks for months. Leave that garbage alone.
    Keep your hair dry.....no conditioner.

Dreadlocks (nice "trees" anyway) take time patience and commitment. The first year and a half after I twisted mine in, my hands were constantly in my hair....shaping, tightening, splitting, manicuring.....so yeah it takes more than a 100$ trip to a beauty parlor to get nice locks.

7. I personally don't think dreads can be styled. If you don't have course or curly hair then you will not be able to dread. Its an unfortunate truth. If you have course or curley hair your hair would naturally dread after about 6 to 8 month after you stop cutting, conditioning, gelling, or brushing. Notice i did not include shampoo; thats because nobody likes a stinky hippy dread. Scholars Word said it best in the song Make Way "What they going to do when I grow my Dread; No razor going to touch my head." Dread Locks will bring a lot og head trip shit if you let them grow. The longer and well kept the better. I found waring my hair in a knit cap helped form them up. I have curly ass fro hair and my back locks formed in 6 months, and it took well over a year before my boss even noticed. I keep them back or in a tam unless im chilling. They have taken over 3 years to get passed my shoulders. But they do atract alot of attention. Its cool.

8. How do u get it chemically straightened?

9. So when you tell woman your peter is 9", then they call you out, what do you do! :confused:

10. lol

sucks about the haircut bro.