Getting my dreadlocks done today. Pictures will ensue.

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Allright, to take my mind off things for a bit, I just wanted to post a thread early.. And I know people hate it when you make them wait for pictures.. But theyll come soon, dont worry.

Im leaving in about 45 minutes to go to the salon, there they will put in my dreadlocks, and they will grow forevaaaa. :p

Anyone else have dreads on the city?

2. I kinda liked your straight hair, but ill wait for the pics ;)

3. It is chemically straightened.. I have caucasian afro hair, by nature Plus the straightening is starting to leave my hair.. So if I dread it, it will always be straight.. In dreads anyway. :hello:

4. I want dreads man, I have been growing my shit out so I can try it this winter. Can't wait to see how they turn out bro, post them pics. :D JOE>

5. Ha! Wow, that's awesome... you're just like me man. I've been trying to grow my hair long for 2 years now (thanks to metal) and it's well past my shoulders while straightened (which I've done just like twice with an iron), but it's always a caucasian fro too. I've been wanting to either get it permanently straightened or dreadlocked for a while now.

Hope it turns out well.

6. where the fuck are the pics???? its been a while now, i wanna see em man

7. lol ,i used to have dreads, memories man.

8. They look like shit.. Im going to wait til theyre straighter for the pictures.. I'll wait . sorry.

9. Theyre getting better. Its straightening out and ive been applying dread wax.. bear with me.

10. did you shower, cause when my buddy got his done they looked like shit till he showered, and he didnt even use that bullshit wax

11. we still havent seen that pic durchii :p

12. When I had them done it took them 7 hours to do em all.

How much are you paying?

13. this is an old thread man....just curious as to see what he looks like with dreads, lol.

14. Still waiting....

15. Umm... you guys are expecting pictures now?!

:p

No, right after I decided to have my dreads put in, I sought out one of the only stylists in town who would be able to put them in. Unfortunately, I was not told that this was his first time doing them in twenty-some-odd years, which ended fairly badly. I had to have them shaved off a few weeks later, but I am reconsidering having them put back in by somebody who knows what they're doing, probably in Denver or Boulder, so I will definitely let everybody know when that happens.

Please let this thread sink, very slowly and calmly, into the abyss.

:D

16. Wait. What?

17. Me = Wanted Dreads

Dreads = Bad

Head = Shaved

New Dreads = Soon

Pictures = Shortly After That.

:p

18. I didn't get the time-spaceyness of each event happening. This an old thread? Why did you shave them tho? They hadn't matted yet you could have pulled most of them out with really strong conditioner and a steel comb. Are you a baldy heed now, duder!?

/e: haha '06. :D