Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting kicked out because of weed.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by omg nipz, May 20, 2012.

1. So I'm 18, and living with my mom. She just found my weed, grinder, bong, bowl, ect. She found my stash.

So now she is kicking me out. My dad won't let me live with him either.

I don't have a job (i've been looking and trying to get one but no one is hiring), I have my car with a full tank of gas and $200.

What would you guys do in this situation?

(ps. I already asked my friends, no one can take me in)

2. I would try and patch it up with your mom. Tell her your done and keep it out of her house until you can move out on your own. Shitty situation, sorry bro. Hope it works out

3. When patching it up doesn't work?

4. Just leave. Use your money for food. Sleep in your car until a friend has some space for you, and look for a job. Be careful and good luck!

5. If patching it up doesn't work all you really have is friends. Search your ass off for a job.

6. find good friends to stay with! make your full time job finding a job. be a pro at it!

7. make patching it up work. don't argue with her. give her a lil time and go back and make things right. dont be or act like a dutch bag with her. lol, and becoming a dealer probably isn't your best choice either

8. and yet your posting on grass city?? people kill me wtf if your not allowed to smoke then fuckin dont!! who the fuck goses homeless over weed~~ dam son be smart!!

9. #9 Vieyra Sking, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    I've been on the very edge of having this situation myself, I'm more of an individual so i never wanted to bother friends, I can't speak for you but in my case I planned to:

Move into this abandoned house I know (sounds sketchy but I know this place is very safe compared to other places)

Get a job, spend countless hours all day long asking every single place, and take whatever I can possibly get.
    I'd attempt to continue my education, though I'm not sure if I could afford it, time, money and health wise.
    Perhaps getting 2 jobs or a traineeship and a job.

Once I saved up enough cash, I'd ask my friend's father to keep his eye out for really cheap places, anything that I'm able to sleep in, As he's a good real estate agent.

Food wise, I know places where I can get free food, a couple hours to walk but it's alright. They're Christian places and have fed me before when out of food. I'd do this until I got a job.

I'd talk to centerline (australian gov services) get any help I could get there.

And I'd make some friends too, I'd be hanging out a lot, creating art and living. Becoming independent.

When I was facing some intense jail charges, I considered disappearing and catching a train somewhere, and walking on an adventure to try and find my footing. A journey of the self.

10. lol, why would you guys go homeless over weed seriously. and thinking of living in a abandon house and working jobs and doing school, you know you wont do it if you're not doing it now living at home. you guys are young yet and dont know everything. trust me, stay at home and get your education and a good job. you wont do well on your own, or you will just make it much harder on your self

11. Try to reason with her, explain to her that its just weed. Tell her you understand her frustration, but you are 18 and see it as a healthy way of life(assuming you dont abuse it). Compromise with her, tell her you will keep it out of the house and away from her(out of sight, out of mind). And above all apologize to her.

If that doesnt work, call her bluff. She is your mom, she isnt going to abandon you and make you live on the streets. Im not sure where you live, but in most places the streets are incredibly dangerous... far more so than weed. So if you end up living in your car, it wont be for long and she will realize how stupid that is.

12. 1. i doubt he is smoking pot for health reasons. come on we all do it for a nice buzz.

2. don't call her bluff. don't treat your mom that way. if you treat your mom that way, life will be vary difficult for you. you will treat your jobs the same way, and a boss will fire your dumb ass and find someone else to do it. make your life easier and try working with your parents and not manipulating them

13. #13 PositiveAttitudeMachine, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    I didnt say it was for health reasons, I said a healthy way of life. Which it is, recreational or medicinal. So long as it isnt abused.

I think you looked at the last statement the wrong way, its not manipulating either. No parent in their sane mind would send their kid to the streets out of no where to fend for themselves. Theres places where that would get you killed. What I meant by call her bluff is, get in your car and go. Just for a drive or to a friends for a the day, whatever. Let the heat die down and things will blow over.

14. This happened to me too. You're 18, technically not her responsibility anymore. I lived in my old Honda Civic for 3 months in New Jersey winter until one night a cop knocked on my car window and he asked me what I was doing and I told him my parents kicked me out. He actually made me give him the # and he called them and they ended up actually wanting me back home because they were worried. This was over 10 years ago now, back when I wasn't smoking every single day.

Don't keep the shit at home anymore or hide it good as fuck.

15. and you're stilll living there today aren't you, haha

16. who me? Lol no.

17. Stop smoking and respect your mother's rules you idiot. We all know it's not a bad drug but just live by her rules until you can afford to leave (assuming she gives you a second chance. I swear some of you people are retarded. $200 isn't going to last you very long.

• Agree Agree x 1

18. In his mom's eyes, he's not a "kid." He is an 18 year old pothead with no job.

Look, I agree that his mom should give him a second chance. I also think it is fucked up to be 18 with no school or job, living at your mom's rent-free and smoking weed.

I blame society. Many kids these days don't have responsibilities, and parents expect them to turn 18 and magically be an adult without being parented properly. Also, 18 is still pretty young. Too young to write off your son, unless you've always behaved this way.

OP, if I were you I'd beg your mom for forgiveness. Tell her you are willing to not smoke until you move out, and you'll piss in a cup AND PAY FOR THE TESTS, just please to let you stay. It could work.

Apply EVERYWHERE for jobs. If she won't let you back by begging, she probably will once she sees you've found work.

19. Join the army, free food, sleep, a paycheck, veteran benefits, and you get to serve your country :)

20. if u dont have a job how do u have money to buy herb