Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting high without smoking weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fadeddd, Dec 10, 2010.

1. A long time ago, I underwent something called "neurofeedback", where they attached some little suction cups to my head which monitored my brain waves. My brain waves were then shown to me in the guise of a game which was controlled by how "balanced" my brain waves were.

Basically, for example, I'd be watching a game very similar to pacman, and the more "balanced" my brain waves, the better the little pacman character was doing on the screen and the more little pills he ate. The idea is to teach your brain waves how to stay in a normal wavelength I guess...

Anyways, before I did the sessions with this guy, he and I spent 10 minutes talking about this or that. One day, for some reason, we were discussing marijuana (long before I ever tried smoking). I remember him being the first person to tell me about cannabinoid receptors, and that smoking weed would cause those receptors to feel a certain way, making you feel a certain way.

He went on to say that, with meditation and/or neurofeedback (which evidently are similar/related to one another), you can either release chemicals in your brain that effects your cannabinoid receptors or somehow trigger them in the same way. So from what I gathered, being like 13 years old at the time, this guy was saying he could make himself high without ingesting anything. Was he full of shit? Was he just trying to relate being relaxed by meditation to being high in a way that would interest me or something bizarre?

2. One question, was this man Jesus, Buddha, or any sort of divine entity? Otherwise, I don't think it would be the same effect.

3. No, but I do remember that I thought he was the strangest man I had ever met...

He was about 5'2, so I was already towering over him, bald, super into buddhism judging by his office, and looked like he was stoned all the time, except his eyes weren't red or anything like that. Just so peaceful. Like, so peaceful it was almost irritating.

He was very intelligent and coherent and all of that, but even the way he spoke was like... fuck, you must be on cloud 9 right now.