Getting high off of cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Immeco, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Now I'll probably be called stupid for this (not that I'm not) and this isn't really "getting high" but oh well. I've been smoking for about 3 years and lately I've discovered a new sensation...I'll take a drag then breath in more air pushing the smoke further into my lungs. When I breath out there's less smoke and after 3 or 4 times of doing this I can barely walk or even move my limbs. What exactly am I doing here? It's nothing like a high from marijuana or any other drug I've ever had.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place. Didn't really think this belonged in Pandora's Box...

2. You just called yourself stupid. Don't do that.

That only happened to me when I smoked my first cig. That's strange, perhaps you are experiencing a lack of oxygen to your brain. :confused_2:

3. you're ghosting it

pretty sure it a mix of a lack of oxygen and more nicotine being absorbed

i could be wrong though

either that or just a nicotine buzz

4. yah it's definatley possible when i was a freshman in highschool I used to smoke ciggarettes on the path during passing periods. the danger of getting caught definatly added to the high.:hello:

5. That's a nicotine buzz, i can't believe you've been smoking for 3 years and havent realized this yet.. so you havent even been inhaling. why were you smoking?

6. No..I've been inhaling...I think! Haha oh shit...So for three years I've been smoking all wrong?! I just smoked how I smoke pot and I know I've been doing that right...

7. lul wattt

8. This.

9. you're right. I ghosted an entire cig once and felt a like I was almost high for 10-15 mins

10. Is "ghosting" dangerous though? Like, is your brain getting suffocated?
    Also, I experience the feeling more with non-menthol cigarettes, I don't know if menthol has anything to do with it, but, Newport reds are pretty intense..

11. Do not smoke a cigarette like you smoke pot. -facepalm-

12. You are getting more tar in your lungs. Probably increases your chance for cancer

13. stupid. that is all.

and yes i planned to say that before i clicked the thread.

14. #14 windowPanes, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    Old fread. Yeah you don't smoke tobacco like cannabis at all tho............................................

Yeah, most people do tend to plan what they're gonna say before they enter the thread. Stupid though? REALLLLYYYYY...........bad Personal choice? Can't argue that, (lessens the chance of Parkinson's tho, hah, cig smoking that is...) buuuuut Don't insult someone for their choices. Would you like someone calling you a druggie for toking herb? Do unto others buddy. If I was unfairly judging someone for their own personal choice I'd want someone to say all of this to me too. just let em be brother, he's harming himself, you're just an onlooker over the Net... Calling someone "stupid" doesn't make you any better than them.

15. i was a smoker for 2 years. the title of the thread is "Getting high off of cigarettes?". you don't get high off cigarettes. to try is stupid. that is all.

16. Ah I misunderstood what you were calling stupid.....but still man. No need to call names, just say "you're wrong", too much negativity floatin around these days as is, no need to add to it, no?:D:wave:

17. For a stoner board, people are not very kind stoners. : /

18. it's called inhaling.

19. to be honest, i just now read the thread. my bad. anyways holding smoke in will just increase damage to your lungs. i don't know man smoking got old real fast for me, just waking up every morning and first thing hawking up a black lugee, that and not being able to take a full breath without coughing really got under my skin.

20. Man fuck, you can't get high off cigarettes, there's not even THC in them. What you're doing is forcing all the nicotine and all the other nasty shit deeper into your system. Generally that's a bad way to avoid cancer.