Getting high in Iraq during the war.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by damonicus, Dec 5, 2014.

1. I had just come of of a particularly nasty clean up mission on route Irish & a joe I had shared a few beers with back in the states a time or two asks me. "Hey blade, wanna smoke a doob?"

I grabbed my rifle & looked around to make sure no one was around to hear us. "Yeah dude, that sounds awesome!"

The whole walk back to our hutches I thought I was getting set up, but it turns out he got ahold of some hash from Iran and was able to roll it up with a bit of tobacco and get so damn high.

Being high during a war is scary as being high in a war!
    I'm very high right now so excuse my ramblings.
    I should probably go for now. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh yeah. This was in 04 in Baghdad.

3. Haha that's legit, man!!!

I would've been a marine, but I've had 3 brain tumors so that kinda put my dreams to an end.....

Thank you for your sacrifice!!

4. Love it when people say ya I would've join. I see stolen valor in your future.

On to the subject. Smoke during a MEU on the back of an amphib and in Kuwait. Hadn't smoked in years and I was fucked up. Lot of the guys smoked in Afgan but I didn't to much to loose

5. hope your alright and recover fine!

haha I've smoked hash once boy did I not know what was goin on LOL

6. Thank you for serving OP. Much respects and using a good medicine to help stay focused.

7. I am haha, my last surgeries ( God willing ) were in 2011

8. dude you are my hero! I'm a major hyprochondriac and I have OCD mainly for getting cancer like if I have a headache I go into full blown panic attack and think I have brain cancer and pretty much declare myself dead or if I get blurry vision or get dizzy it sucks man it's an every day struggle thank god my medicine keeps me sane, but god bless you for getting through it and kicking it's ass because I honestly don't know how id react or handle it

9. [quote name="kissmybass" post="21026348" timestamp="1417840325"]dude you are my hero! I'm a major hyprochondriac and I have OCD mainly for getting cancer like if I have a headache I go into full blown panic attack and think I have brain cancer and pretty much declare myself dead or if I get blurry vision or get dizzy it sucks man it's an every day struggle thank god my medicine keeps me sane, but god bless you for getting through it and kicking it's ass because I honestly don't know how id react or handle it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote

Haha thanks man!! It's appreciated!!!! I hope you get through all of your medical shit as well.

10. you've seen some shit bro that's fucking bad ass

11. More balls than me. The closest I can get is playing Arma 2 high, and that's tense without the added paranoia.
    Now you know what it's like to be a soldier in Afghanistan: they grow/smoke weed during wars. I've seen videos where a bunch of ragtag Afghani soldiers are in firefights while high, I don't see how they could manage that