Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting high and eating healthy, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by goodseasons, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I tend to favour fruit and water when I'm high, idk.

2. Easily! Well... I live in a hippie city so it isn't that hard for me lol. Every time I have a craving for some nasty fast food or something I generally stop smoking and hold out till I get to the organic market. Call me whatever you want but organic food is the only food worth eating!!! It is generally healthier, tastes better, no harmful chemicals (this means they don't get drained into the water supply as well); the benefits are endless. Plus, you wouldn't want to spray any of that stuff on your bud, so why would you be willing to eat it???

3. #103 TheHashashin, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    ^^^
    Ur right!
    Fyi I'm not sure but I don't think our fine ladys would be able to live through most commercial pesticides (round up comes to mind) because in order for most plants to live through round up they must be GE (I think) that's why it works so good... now non organic tree is grown in all kinds of bezare chemicals/pesticides...
    you know monsanto just passed a Bill to get rid of most regulstions for gmo...

4. Organic food is the worse thing for the planet. I know pouring hundreds of chemicals over plants isn't healthy but no chemicals is just bad. It decreases yield by 900 percent and requires 3 times more fertilizer. Organic food usually has to be shipped farther so more fuel is consumed. We need to work more in genetics to increase yield, and developing healthier but more effective chemicals.

5. you from asheville man? lol

6. Dude just quit. I'm an agriculture major and you're way way off. Please don't be spewing random inaccurate facts on forms. You've honestly dumfounded me.

7. #107 TheHashashin, Apr 2, 2013
    Hahaha why would it be grown further away?? Ever heard of organic valley? They are a co-op of organic farms... ship their Milk to the closest region of the country... so all the milk in sac for example says "from our northwest pastures"
    900%?????????????? Do you work for monsanto? A commercial farm? Where did you find such propoganda?

Ps their is a concerted effort/movement in natural/organic food worlds to source things locally... even to the extent ppl that usually eat all organic have started eating food that was raised with ipm (integrated pest manegment) SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE ITS LOCAL... look up buy fresh buy local...

8. Yes it's possible, once u eat healthy for a long time unhealthy, carlorie dense food taste like shit. I'm currently a vegan as of a month or two ago (still transitioning) and veggies actually taste good; it's strange how your taste buds change to fit your food. It's like extremely quick evolution ha

9. Spring Break messed me up. Ive been eating terribly. Time to go to the store.

10. It is very possible. When I am high and have munchies, though, I find I am much more likely to eat food that is easy to access. Because io this, I have learned to always prepare my future munchy food before I toke. I usually cut up & wash a shitton of fruit, make a sandwich and stick it in the fridge, bake some super healthy muffins, wash and chop veggies & prep dip, etc., before I start blazing, so that when I am high I can just go to the fridge and grab the food without thinking about unhealthy options.

11. #111 TheHashashin, Apr 2, 2013
    I was raised vegatarian (not now) but I try not to eat prossesed food though and I swear I can taste the difference between good food n crap... like even with vegatables, meat and fruit specifically being local helps ALOT to.... waxed apples for example fucking suck... and I feel so sorry for anyone that dosent have good local tomatoes... oh and don't EVER buy tomatoes from fla their raised by mexican slaves! (And they are very bland cause their "roughneck" tomatoes")

"On undocumented workers "I've seen estimates that nationally, 70 percent of the low-ranking farm workers are undocumented people from southern Mexico and Central America. These people arrive in this country —they're often shipped here from their home villages —and they arrive in a land where they certainly don't speak English. Many of them don't speak Spanish because they're indigenous so they're more comfortable languages."

"They're stuck in the middle of the Everglades in some trailer camp. They don't know where they are. They're frightened to go to the police because they're here illegally and also because back home, the police are often thugs and you don't want to go to them anyway. So they're completely vulnerable. They don't want to make any noise —they just want to work, make a bit of money and that leaves them totally vulnerable."

For more info read this book/summary of book...
    http://www.npr.org/2011/06/28/137371975/how-industrial-farming-destroyed-the-tasty-tomato

12. Yup just don't buy junk food and eating healthy will be your only option, it's fucking fun cooking while baked too. You can start with something simple like hard boiled eggs.

13. I'm young, I drive in circles ALOT, I live somewere theirs pretty much only corner stores, and lastly I like potato chips... I eat better food than most and certainly have consumed way less crap than anybody in the first 15 years of my life.. I'm tryin to quit cigs now leave chips for later...

I do love cooking and my freinds r awsome chefs... me and my freinds Will be doing medical mini pies soon if all goes well ill do a writeup on how we did it..

14. I have an issue with eating healthy...
    When I was a kid I would eat all fruits and veggies, I loved it.
    Then one day my stomach just rejected it. Any fruit I ate would immediately come back out, same with veggies. It happened at random and now I can't even have a bite of a banana...my gums start to itch and swell, but no doctor gave me help
    :[

15. #115 TheHashashin, Apr 2, 2013
    Holy batcrap batman that sounds fucking terrible... this might sound dumb but they did check u for crohns disease right??

16. I should get checked for that...shouldn't I? Fuck.

17. #117 TheHashashin, Apr 2, 2013
    Yes imediatly! I am no doc but my girlfreinds brother has it... the hole not being able to keep it down I don't think is normal for crohns (indigestion from raw foods and maybe even the swelling since it is a auto imune disease...) but everything else is (I think again not a doc...) do you have problems with whole grains too? Like does 7 grain bread mess you up? What about alchihol? Whatever you have sounds awful, and like its not going away... if it turns out to be crohns disease and you live remotly close to pittsburg I can give the number of a doctor that has it himself and specializes in the disease... my girlfreinds brother drives six hours to see him (he has a VERY VERY bad case of it) because he is so good... hope you feel better and I hope you don't have crohns cause its awful... if you have no other options and lots of money go try boston or philly medical colleges... their the best... literaly...

Ps have them test you for ciliac (gluten/wheat intolerance) also make sure you weren't already tested for all this... go to a gastro interoligist too when you do... also if you don't have medical insurance I would seriously consider getting it.

Pps my gf (who loves medical shit, has a bachlors in psychology, and is a certified dental assistant, don't ask...) said Its very rare but it sounds more like an allergy to her... try organics maybe Its a pesticide or something? She said "itching and swelling of the gums really sounds like a allergic reaction" I really hope something here helps...

Edited for clarity and cause my cellar phones spell check sucks.

18. Organic, unprocessed, raw vegan is where it's at when you get the munchies. I love eating healthy! :D

19. I am lol. You must know a thing or two about asheville to have spotted that one so easily.

20. Man. I don't even know....I just hope your trolling. If your honestly not you deserve a hour special on the discover channel :laughing: