Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting high and eating healthy, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by goodseasons, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Just wondering what you guys think, personally i dont think it is, everytime i smoke i always manage to eat something unhealthy, my cravings are just too strong lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I think self control is feasible.

3. just gotta find things that appeal to you and a bit of self control.
    I was taught to eat whatever was put in front of me so that helps though

4. Dude... alright.
    Go buy a bag of chicken breasts.
    Thaw that shit out and all that good stuff and cook it.
    Throw some onions on it, some banana, let it simmer in oil.
    That's my meal, hidden recipe though hahaha

Now... buy nutella or penaut butter.
    Buy celery and carrots and grapes and watermelon and banana and oranges and mangos and kiwis...

Oatmeal! The can.

Buy some tea

Drink only water or natural lemonade.

Healthy as a horse, brother. Healthy as a whore's brother. Yup. Just ate a huge chicken breast with a liter of water. Fucking delicious.
    Tomorrow is a full body workout.

5. ya, i love just eationg carrots with ranch while high. plus ive taken a culinary arts program so i can cook some healthy food into shit youd think is loaded with fat and bullshit. its possible but i do find myself straying to snacks when im high.

6. Yes.

And, it's really, really easy? Just don't buy unhealthy food. Period. When you go grocery shopping, don't buy anything but healthy food. Don't go out/order out. That's what I do, anyway. Granted I go out occasionally.

But if I want a snack, I have a mix of nuts + sesame sticks to munch on. Or a bowl of yogurt. A protein shake (blended w/ peanut butter + milk + ice). Scrambled eggs (or some other variation of eggs). Salad. A wrap, with beans or turkey. Or even just a carrot to gnaw on.

Those are my normal "quick" options. And it might sound like I torture myself by not having sweets or something, but, I have a full tin of twix bars sitting right next to me. i used to eat them when i was younger, but for the last 3 years i've eaten like that ^. my mom got me this tin for christmas. i took one bite out of one bar and threw the rest out. the only reason i haven't thrown the whole tin out is because i feel bad throwing out her gift...

once your body/taste buds adjust to the different diet, you'll hate junk food... or at least i do. the only "bad" thing I still love is chocolate, but i get that with my protein shakes. :)

7. just gotta find something else to do.

8. If it's not possible through willpower, make it possible through availability.
    Only stock foods that are good for you.
    Get creative.
    It's not as though you can't make delicious food that's good for you with a little effort, just try to take care of the preparation or initial steps thereof in advance.

Yoghurt, sliced banana and passionfruit with chopped mint leaves and a honesy drizzle with a little bit of granola for texture.
    Healthy. Awesome.
    That's just off the top of my head.

Also you might want to take a look at this.
    Food Cravings? Here Is What Your Body Really Wants~ | Daily Transformations

Most importantly, if you have these cravings then just remove the availability of any less healthy alternatives. Now, if you actually go out and buy these foods as opposed to eating perfectly good healthier substitutes at home, then it's your fault and nothing but acceptance and control of that will help you.

Eating healthier is something that will catch on with your body after a while though, I found that I started to crave green leafy vegetables and salad after training myself to eat them more.
    Eat junkfood, don't go completely fanatical just choose the good choices more often than the bad ones.
    Have a day a week where you eat whatever.
    Get strict on yourself the rest of the time.
    Just like with any lifestyle changes it's not easy but the more effort you put into it the easier it will be for your mind and body to adapt.

9. Munchies are the best part. I eat like fuck. You should try eating spiced focaccia when high

10. Well when my father and I get high together we often cook healthily. Our meals usually consist of steaks, pork chops, or chicken breast with mashed potatoes, or rice with a rich gravy, and some sort of side like peas or corn. When you use mostly organic ingredients the result is great after a good stone.

11. Healthy food stomps junk food into the ground. Take up cooking, its a hell of a skill and you can make kick ass delicious healthy munchies.

12. Watermelon dude

13. Grilled chicken breast burger on a fresh wholemeal bun.
    All of about 4 minutes to prepare. Delicious.

14. Dude healthy food tastes a lot better with munchies that the your typical processed crap corporations shove at you.. learn to cook :D

15. Just remember this: eat real food.

Don't listen to some crackpot's theory on the ultimate diet (I'm mostly referring to the USDA's food recommendations, which are mostly bullshit to begin with). Just learn to cook and buy real food. Have you ever tried making gumbo from scratch? Or chili? Or a Thai curry? They're the best.

16. apples are like a waterfall of yummyness you can feel it going down your throat and the chunks are like trees and stuff apples are by far the best noms ever

17. It's incredibly easy for me actually. I used to weigh 25st (350lbs) and now I weigh 15st (210lbs), which is alright for someone my height. Ever since I lost the weight I've been eating salads everyday, plenty of fish, fruits, vegetables. It's rare I touch anything deemed unhealthy. And I've been smoking since before I was a lard-arse, and I used to eat shitty food.

It just depends on will-power/self control I guess.

18. #19 TheHashashin, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    It's also (if you got the money) really not that hard, as many pointed out just by cooking for yourself/buying quality, organic, (USDA organic is the only thing that means anything FYI if it say natural your basically taking their word for it) food. Lemmie give y'all an example. A steak that was raised on an organic, grassfed diet is generally fed all feed corn for the last 90 days of its life to make it fatter. A commercial one its more like it whole life. Now this kills the cows, literally gives em ulcers in their stomachs. So they pump em full o antibiotics to make em stay alive and healthy enough for slaughter until slaughter. They also use antibiotics to help them live in shittier conditions. (Ass to head)

So what's the significance of all this? The cow that was fed corn for only 90 day has half the fat, not to mention being better for all sorts of other reasons I just barely scratched the surface of above.

Now that being said I eat shitty commercial beef all the time... Why? Convenience and go check and see how much the grassfed stuff costs. And the only way to get the price down is to get more to buy it...

Edited cause I was wrong about the amounts of time they feed em corn.

19. Lol well in my case I buy 100 % grass fed beef/steak every 2 weeks since I buy in bulk and I've stopped buying protein powder so more money for the meats.