Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting Headaches from Sativas?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cloud9Oil_T.A/ES, Oct 19, 2010.

1. I usually smoke hybrids that are indica dominent for the stoned feeling but I recently got some
    Lemon Drop Kush x Orange Crack
    and it was mostly sativa kept me active for hours but I could feel the underlying of a headache coming on every time i smoked it

at the same time i was smoking some northern lights and it was a perfect high for me personally,
    stoney and great. No headache feeling

Now to today, i picked up some cheaper dank we have around and its mostly sativa it grows very strangely compared to indica type buds, so I gave it a go and it noticed a considerable head high but not much else until I started to feel like I was gonna get a headache again

could this be the effects of a head high just dont sit well with me?

cheers if anyone can help me out:smoke:

2. i havnt heard this before. as you know, cannabis effects everyone different. your body might just be reacting to the cannibinoids in the sativa. im no doctor tho, just a good guess.

3. I got a weed headache this afternoon. I'm not sure whether it was a sativa or an indica, it was just some no name, run of the mill chronic. But, I had a headache before I started smoking and for some reason it just got worse after my sesh. The only solution was to smoke enough to make myself pass out. After an hour of sleep, I felt better.

4. i get migaines every time i smoke sativa or dominant sativa hybrids. so i just smoke indica now, the purer the better. i asked a few people and they said that i'm not the first person they heard that from sooo, its not so werid, stick to indicas....they also make my "sativa headache" go away.

5. Sativas are my favorite, never suffered from your symptoms.

6. stopped happening not to sure what was happenin, i was smoking shittier dope at the time i think..prolly the reason:wave:

7. maybe there is crack in your weed

8. Maybe you smoked too much stem or inhaled too much butane????
    i dont know, man, but that must suck

9. I tend to get a headache from smoking a lot of bud that wasn't flushed properly. So maybe thats the prob

10. As mentioned, I've also never heard of this either as I use cannabis to relieve headaches personally. Have you maybe considered that it's not the weed, but just your state? Try hydrating yourself before, during, and after you smoke with a lot of water, even while enjoying your high keep a bottle near you. This will help with your cottonmouth if you get it and with your throat too if it burns but I know that dehydration can cause a headache.

On the other hand, what type of mood are you in when you smoke? One time I smoked while I was generally paranoid and the effect only made it worse, turned out to be the most sour trip of my life. Try to calm yourself before smoking and see if that helps.

If not and you still think its the physical weed, maybe it's just the stuff your getting. Try another place's sativa and see how that works out for you. Personally, I love the indica and the couch lock. Sativa is nice if I need to do some mundane chores.

Hope I helped!

11. i usually get headaces when i cough alot alot.

12. I only get headaches from Sativas after the high starts coming down. & only if I do too much.

If I take reasonable doses I usually don't get headaches.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app