Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting grinder to turn smoothly again??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BeEasyChillin, Jan 28, 2014.

1. So I have a nice santa cruz shredder and it used to turn so smoothly but after some use it's not as smooth. I already cleaned it out but it still isn't quite back yet at 100% smoothness. Is there some sort of SAFE oil or lubricant I can use to make it smooth again??

2. Good question, one that I don't think a lot of people will be able to answer. I've had 4 grinders and they all eventually get a little tough to turn. My sister has had 2, my room mate has one, so around 7 of the grinders I've been around (and not shitty ones either) eventually get a little worn out.

3. I notice that as well. Usually I have to scrape thick layers of what seems to be residue that have just been embedded into the areas of contact to fix it. I dunno, I don't think there's any way to restore it after it gets messed up. I'm probably wrong though.

4. Scrape it clean and use a very minute amount of vege oil on a tap dabbed, all you want to do is give it a shine.

5. #7 As Above So Below, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  6. If it is all metal then I would say soak it in 90% iso alcohol over night then the next day take out your grinder put the iso in a wide flat dish and give it 48 hours or so to evaporate off, what is left is some really great hash. Not as good as going trough a whole extraction and filtration process but well worth the minor amount of work.

Peace :wave:

7. Do a really good iso cleaning then you could probably use some food grade lubricant around the edges and see if it helps

8. I              S                O