Getting frustrated with this closet grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by indicamike, Mar 17, 2013.

1. #1 indicamike, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    I've done quite a bit of reading on the whole process, but I have 0 experience. I've purchased some fem seeds, but I am using bag seed at the moment to work out the "kinks" in the system. This is my 3rd attempt at bag seed. I understand I'll get better results with better genetics but my results seem very unsatisfactory even for bag seed based on research.

I have a 400 watt MH (using currently with 18/6) and a 400 HPS ready when moving to 12/12, a ballast, and reflector with an inline fan option. I'm running a 400 cfm fan (pulling air) through flexible ducting with the speed adjuster on the high side of "low" the ducting is then attached to a wood anchor and brought to the floor to get a stronger pull from the colder air at the bottom of the closet. 2mm Mylar coated walls and a false door made for sound reduction. Air is ventilated into the room the closet is in(not sure if this is an issue or not). Three Small 2 inch vents along the bottom of the false door.

The closet dimensions are about 2x5 and roughly 5 high(not including the 3ft over the clothes hanging bar that is unused). I have the plants on an end table to lift them up to the light and as they grow I will drop them down. Have been shooting for around 20 inches away from the light, but have been moving them to different heights because of the poor results. 12-24 inches has been my test range. I water around every 5 days but have been using the dry weight/wet weight, the cracking in the soil method and the wait till it wilts and water immediately method with no luck. I feel my problem is either water/light.

Nutrients I use are the Earth Juice line along with Canna's Rhizotonic (foliar spray) and Happy Frog soil with 33% Perlite. I started recently using the Earth Juice in desperation, but for the first 4 weeks I did not feed the plants anything other than water (distilled). My temps range from 78-82 with humidity around 40-45%

I have attempted to top one, this one looks the worst in the photo. The others have nice leaf amounts but all of them are small and drooping/curling so badly that it's making me lose hope. I see zero browning at the end of the leaves. Overall, the color, smell and look of the leaf is nice other than the size and curling. My PH is right around 6.8.

This group of plants in the picture are around 2 months old (from seed) and they look awful. Put some other pictures in there just in case anyone sees something wrong. Please help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looking for any advice please.

3. still looking for help if anyone has any advice.

4. Back off on the H2o Bro, Those are suffering from over watering IMO.

mj

5. Dawg, get them lights closer. Interesting setup mayne.

6. Is watering from the bottom up a bad idea? That's what I have been doing hoping to get more root activity but for the life of me just can not figure out why my plants are not expanding and continue to curl like this.

7. Priceless

8. I too am brand new at the growing game but here's something I've noticed. You say that you have read a lot..if that's indeed the case you should have read,and seen pics, of what an over watered plant looks like..go ahead pal,look it up and tell me if your plants don't fit the bill.

9. Not sure why people are so angry, I have read tons of information. It doesn't change the fact that I still don't know what I'm doing. I'll water less, thanks to the helpful people.

10. sorry dude..wasn't trying to be a prick..perhaps my own frustration is coming out..i have a plant in a similar condition..and I know it's because I have over watered. Just don't water for a week and see what happens..that's what I am doing and already I am noticing a difference.

11. Ya man you DO NOT want them to dry to the point of wilting. You want the soil to always be moist like a sponge to keep the microbs alive and growing. Letting your plants wilt before every watering is causing serious stress.

Look into NoobwannB's ghetto sip method. Easiest way to water in my opinion. Amazing growth rates with this method.

Give me a few and ill post a link or just use the search function on the forum and look for NoobwannB's ghetto sip method. You will learn tons grasshoppa!:D

12. Very interested..love to see that link

13. To be honest with you you need to invest in a small hydro system. Like a power grower those things are almost impossible to mess up. Your little girls are prolly not worth keeping id start over anyways. Those girls are days from death by drowning. I see alot of people over water soil planted cannabis. They do make a meter to test the moisture in the soil might help you but by the looks of size and environment id say once every few days and just so.

14. As was already said I believe it is over-watering. You don't want your pots sitting in water - that will kill all your roots. Water normally from the top and only when the soil is dry - and I mean almost going to start wilting dry. Trial and error and you will know exactly when to water. Next time you have a question, instead of posting a new thread which not many people will read, ask your question in this thread - http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/252889-sick-plants-have-question-ask-here.html
    There are hundreds of people that subscribe to that thread and will be quick to help.

You are the most ghetto piece of shit I have read on here - but I did giggle.

15. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.