Getting Free Weed From Sponsors?

Discussion in 'General' started by buddhabeard, Apr 25, 2014.

1. A clip from Chelsea Lately, interview with Wiz Khalifa

http://youtu.be/bhqLjgObbkc

So my discussion isn't about Wiz or Chelsea, but I wondered at the idea of being sponsored with free cannabis. If you do not want to watch the video, it is an interview where Wiz claims a company sponsorship and not having to pay at all for his cannabis, and even having a strain named after him. (The interview doesn't even explain much as to how it is done or any other useful details)

I tried to search for "The Cookie Company" and the best I could find was a dispensary on Twitter.

Has anyone heard of such a sponsorship? The subject seems very vague and still unheard of.

2. I've never heard of it but I bet if you move to a state where weed is legal, make a youtube channel that has something to do with weed reviews or being off weed, gain a huge following and I bet you will probably start getting free weed. I see this happen all the time with people who do reviews for sneakers on youtube, after they get a few thousand faithful viewers they started receiving free shoes from companies to review but you're not going to get a weed sponsorship for nothing. You would have to have some type of influence.

3. If I owned a shop, I would do it in a hearbeat. Well not with wiz, but some other famous person. Its marketing gold. Sponsorships are normal in business. You dont think Michael Jordan pays for shoes do you?

4. Popular people/skilled people are given sponsorships to spread the word about the brands/companys and this usually helps the buisness receive more customers which then intern pays off the offset from the sponsorship.

5. Someone needs to sponsor Rihanna

6. fuck that, rich people shouldn't be given sponsorships for free bud when they have plenty of money to pay for it.

give the little guys a sponsorship....like me.

7. Seems dumb. With a normal sponsorship you'll see ya know.. A celebrity using YOUR product. I see Wiz smoking bud idk where that came from ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn