Getting Cuttings to root

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigbamboo, Nov 20, 2001.

1. In the past, I have had success rooting my clones, by cutting them and putting them directly into a styrofoam coffee cup filled with soil.
    I know that peat pucks are better, but this is way less expensive and works well.
    All you have to remember is to punch a few drain holes in the bottom of the cup and keep the cuttings wet.
    Now comes the question.
    I have some rooting powder for hedges that I wanted to use, but a friend told me to get a hormone powder that is made especially for that kind of plant.
    Thing is, he did not know which powder is best for that.
    I don't want to kill off the clones by using something that will burn them and I figure that someone else would know more.
    I did hear about a product called nico..... something, but I have no idea where to find it.
    Keeping in mind that I live in a colder climate, most garden supplies tend to dissapear in the winter months and it makes it hard to find anything.
    I could keep going the way I have been doing it for years, but if I could shave a few days off the process, well, you know how it is.

2. In the early days I used to root clones with root hormones and vermiculite/perlite mix. Then back in the 80's I said that it was to unreliable for me in the production sense. So I decided to use aeroponics theory to do it better ,faster. Now they call it a bubbler(who knew). I only do it that way since then.....over 90% survival rate. Here is a pic ....try it...I guess many use this now with great success as I do....and the water /air mix does good alone ..but you could add a little superthrive to it if you wish.....

Attached Files:

3. Wow, that's kool.

But what the hell is it...lol

Did you make it or buy it and how does it work exactly?

This is the first time I have EVER seen anything like it.

I want one *he wined*

4. I can't PM you.................no option for you...update your profile .. I'll tell you how to make it...

5. do you use that for your clones ???
    if so any chance of PMing me with the build instructions please

it looks class

6. It looks good, but it's too early for me to use mine yet.
    Costs about 25 bucks, but I made a few changes to it.
    Mine is only good for 8 at a time, but that's more than enough for what I'm looking for, plus I can expand it to 11 any time I want, just by adding another bubble bar. The holes are already made ready for the expansion.

It's Bud's baby though, so you're going to have to get him to share with you.
    It's only fair play.