Getting bored of hip-hop....

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Packed, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Apathy, Necro, Celph Titled, DemiGodz, Atmosphere FTW!

2. Look into people on the record label rhymesayers. There in a genre of rap most people call 'backpack rap'. Which, in a sence, is for white boys who are afraid to act black. They dont rap about ho's and gangs, its pretty cool. Look up some Eyedea and Abilities to get started.

3. u just need to hear some good rap. pm me

4. Try out some reggae. I like burning spheres, and the gentlemen. (and bob of course)

5. Underground mother fucker! That's where the real music's at... main stream is just money money money.

As for some good music genres... hook up some blues, soul, that kind of stuff. It really shakes your soul when you get into it, not to mention that the blues are the roots of EVERY other genre (barring classical).

People need to stop dissing country, there's the occassional country which can be fun to listen to cruisin' down the highway.

As for emo music - Sorry to break it to you, but it's not really music. It's more of some bad instrumentals combined with endless bitching and whining. It reminds me of kindergarten when we had to do those musicals for the parents around christmas. We'd have really bad music and vocals and everyone would be whining the entire time because they wanted to go plaaay.

6. im bored with underground too:mad:

7. Then i would just go with a whole different genre. Can't go wrong with rock/classic rock.

8. Msinstream may suck but becuase of mainstream people started underground. No mainstream= no underground.

9. If you're getting bored with hip hop it's probably becuase all you're listening to is radio shit. There's a lot more good rap out there than what gets air time.

10. METAL!!!!!! :metal::metal::metal:

Seriously I love metal. It's probably the most diverse genre, as it has about 30 subgenres. You can go insane style and listen to death metal, but there's alot of more chill metal and alot of great albums from metal bands that just flow.

If that doesn't float your boat, WEEN!

They are always going to be one of my favorite bands ever. They are absolutely fucking great. Listen to the song "the Mollusk." I've never met a person in my life who doesn't like that song.

And whoever said Incubus, great great old shit, same with Red Hot Chili Peppers, when Flea played trumpet.

Kottonmouth Kings are one of the few rap groups I like, but I like a handful of underground stuff that I can't put a name to right now. (Instrumental hip hop is my favorite; just the turntablist chillin out)

I play some jazz guitar, and alot of that stuff is great chillout music.

If anyone wants to know some good metal bands, whether they be death or stoner or classical, ask and thou shalt receive.

11. Metal's for people with abusive parents and weak people who can't stand up for themselves so they can take out their anger.

12. Ok way to be mature there tough guy. I don't rip on your music or judge you, so it would be appreciated if you did the same.

Sorry you don't like metal; its not my problem. I think 98% of rap is complete shit, but fuck if anyone cares enough to listen to me insult it, and why would I want to?

I'm also quite sure you would know about my personal life and whether or not I defend myself.

13. LoL, that has nothign to do with my maturity. :D And I didn't say that was you. You don't have to be that to listen to it. That's just it's target audience. 'Tis a well known fact. ;)

14. No, thats a stereotype.

Are there kids like that who listen to metal? No doubt. But no doubt either that there's the EXACT same type of kid listening to rap.

The target audience is people who like aggressive/progressive/musically inclined/fusion/ music.

You need to break it down by subgenre to get target audiences.

i.e.: Death metal-extremely aggresive/musically inclined

Progressive-scholarly/musically inclined

Thrash-aggressive/partier

And those are pretty much just vague stereotypes in and of themselves.

15. Not stereotype. An interpretation of the music's overall target audience.

A stereotype would be saying everyone who listens to Heavy Metal is ....
    Not saying heavy metal is for ....

16. Tomato tomata my friend.

Emo is for people who suck
    and
    Everyone who listens to emo sucks

are essentailly the exact same thing. If you can intelligently unearth the intricate differences in those two statements and prove me wrong, be my guest.

17. I already did. The difference between a targeted audience, as in Mops are for people with dirty floors. Opposed to all black people have big cocks, which is a stereotype.

Emo is for people who suck, would be the targeted audience for the music emo.
    Everyone who listens to emo sucks, is a stereotype.

18. They imply the same thing.

Ok, I am in no mood to argue about this (I don't even remember what we're talking about) so lets just say weed is pretty good shit and call it night.

19. Weed is pretty good shit, but I can't call it a night. I'm just getting ready to blaze up.

20. i cant stand radio mainstreme rap.