Getting a tooth pulled tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by AlwaysDanked, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Well turns out I need a root canal. But lucky enough my dentist told me it would be a lot easier to just pull the tooth out. Ughh. But hopefully I'll get some nice meds for it afterwards :hello:

anyway two questions.

1. I hear it's not good to smoke after having a tooth pulled because you can develop a dry socket where the empty space is. How long will it take before it is safe to toke again? Any ways to avoid dry socket and still smoke?

2. What type of meds do they usually prescribe for tooth pains?

2. to answer your second question, you'll probably get some hydrocodone or possibly percocets. 5s or 7.5s probably, I doubt they'd script you 10s.

3. I cant wait to get my teeth checked. Id get really stoned before and inhale that nitrous like no tommorw. Good luck with the meds.

Probably just some lortabs or vicodin subsitute anywhere from 5-10mg. percocet if your lucky.

4. #4 ZtX, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
    You will most likely get Hydrocodones.. Probably only 5 mg as well. You won't get anything bigger. Save that stuff though. That's why we have OTC pain relievers, lol.

But when I had my wisdom teeth removed (which is a full blown surgery, haha) I got Hydro 5s I'm pretty sure.

You may get percs though, but still nothing 10+ mg.

I know nothing about your first question.

Edit: Also, I have some cavities that are in need of filling (I think). I've never had any before. Does anyone know if it possible to get a script out of this?

5. Thanks guys!

Anyone out there know anything on dry sockets?

6. I heard 2 weeks but i lost a tooth and smoked everyday still and i was fine. but you might wanna bake some brownies cause it sounds painfull to risk.

7. i wouldnt smoke for at least a week. smoke depending on how you feel, how healed you think the wounds are. mine healed pretty quick and i smoked a week after, and i felt fine. but some of my friends got dry sockets at 2 weeks, so depends how much you want to risk. you will probably get vicodins

8. #8 AlwaysDanked, Apr 1, 2009
    Well I guess tomorrow marks day 1 of my week t-break

9. good plan. if it is shitty the first time you smoke, wait awhile. or if you feel like its still open back there, wait. its worth the wait. go buy some oxy or bake some brownies

10. I was just reading up on this online and I read that if you put a moist tea bag in the dry socket it prevents it. I think ill try that once and if I feel irritation il just continue on a t-break and have fun with my meds :hello:

11. I vaped after my root canal, no prob, if you don't mind tryin to inhale with bloody gauze in your mouth.

Meh... you get used to the gauze and blood, sweet mary jane is so worth it. :D

Pop a few of the goofy pills your doctor gives you and vape some kind, you'll be fine.:smoke:

12. fill the hole with tissue paper or gauze to avoid dry socket and still smoke. maybe make some edibles? if you don't wanna smoke then you are looking at about a 7-14 day t-break.

hydrocodones, i'm almost sure. anything stronger would seem to be unecessary, no?

also, ZTX (lol) no you won't get shit

13. #13 nfs924, Apr 1, 2009
    If you're just getting a tooth pulled, I highly doubt the doc is going to give you anything. I got both of my two front teeth pulled many years ago, and the only thing he gave me was Novocaine prior to the surgery.

Getting a tooth pulled and getting your wisdom teeth removed are completely different things.

14. the trick to not getting a dry socket is to suck very gently. be it a joint, bowl or bong just take a really easy slow toke and you'll be fine. i smoked the very same day i got 4 wisdom teeth removed (not too smart i know) because the oral surgeon told me that most if not all dry sockets are from people takeing a huge drag off of a ciggarette.
    just be easy with it and you don't need to worry.

15. Heh, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I still got dry socket on my right side and this was before I started smoking. Basically what they did was make me keep going back and they would fill the hole with a bunch of gauze. Each time i had the gauze taken out there there'd be food and shit stuck in there, they gave me this big needle looking thing that was all plastic to squirt water into it to clean food out when it'd get stuck in there. Kinda was annoying, but wasn't too too bad.