getting a job at blockbuster

Discussion in 'General' started by thedude51, Oct 26, 2010.

1. So I have an interview this Thursday to work at blockbuster. There is a series of 2 interviews. I know they don't drug test on the first interview, but I can't be sure about the second one. I've been researching for a few hours online about if Blockbuster drug tests or not, and I've received mixed results. I'm in the Atlanta area, and I'm a heavy smoker. Just trying to see if anyone on here knows if they drug test or not...

my reasoning that I may not be tested is that blockbuster is going under...big time (ill milk the job as long as possible)...but if they're doing poorly economically would they really spend their resources/money on drug testing new employees

thanks ! :smoke:

2. I don't know if it's different in every area, but the retail company I worked is the same everywhere and they all test. The blockbusters in my area test.

3. How the hell is blockbuster hiring considering they filled for chapter 11 bankruptcy and plan to go out of business and close all stores within the next year.

Yeah just a heads up, your job is not permanent.

4. I know right? It's kinda w/e like I said I'll just milk it for as long I can

5. Blockbuster still exists? wow. i thought going to a store to rent a movie was old fashioned

6. All they Blockbusters by me just closed up because they were bankrupt

7. Ok, I was a Manager at a Blockbuster in newport beach, california for 2 years.

-No they won't drug test you (a) they dont care (b)they cant afford it in these times
    -Yes you can go to work high as a fucking kite and no one will notice/care

8. Well, enjoy working there for 3 weeks.