get your ass to a blood drive! TODAY!

Discussion in 'General' started by Smoken Souljah, Jul 27, 2006.

1. so... what are you doing today? NOTHING? like me? good, great, then you've got some spare time to drag your ass outside and give some blood!

well... what are you waiting for?!

but seriously, if you've got some time today, and you know of a blood drive, go for it!
    my blood is just as good as anyone else's, and if the fact that it has THC in it, means that my blood isn't worthy or good enough to save a life, then thats the ignorant establistments fault!

2. wooo, just got back... haha... what a trip..... got pretty lightheaded and had to chill there for a bit, but all is well... did i mention FREE FOOD?! they give you free munchies there!

3. i always pass out after blood tests, my flow is sooo slow...
    so i'd rather not.

4. I can't give blood, but if i could, I would.

5. ill pass out. period. needles scare me to DEATH! lol, thats the only reason im not hooked on heroin yet lol

6. im the same way i cant stand needles. i would give blood tho i just really cant take needles. maybe ill try it someday but the way i feel now about it i cant picture myself doin it

7. I'm a pretty serious athlete; I need my blood. Otherwise, I'd do it as much as possible. I'll wait until the end of the season, heh.

8. too bad i cant donate blood. wish i could though. but i cant

9. Just like some others, I have a huuuuuge phobia of needles. I pass out. Freak out. Scream. Run. Cry. Hide. Kill. Anything to get the fuck away from a needle. I woud love, LOVE, to give blood and I feel bad that I don't...but fuck man....I just can't. No way I could do it.

I commend you all that do it and I'm sure everybody that uses your blood thanks you! :hello:

10. I've donated 3 times now. I feel phenominal after every time, but I'll tell you it's the hardest thing in the world for me. I have a huge needlephobia, but i've recognized the importance of donating. It hurt like hell during it, but afterwards the feeling of accomplishment is great. I however can not just get up and go, I need weeks of preparation before my nerves are high enough to do it. But what I'm trying to say is even if you have a fear of needles, the rewards you get after doing it are amazing, I try to make it atleast once a year. I know they prefer what,once every six weeks, but I can't do it.

11. I tried giving blood earlier this year, and they told me that my zinc level was too low by 1%.. I was pretty pissed because I had sat there for like an hour waiting.

12. im scared of needles too, but ive gotten over it... heh, one time when i was like 8 yrs old, swear to god, 4 nurses, my mother and brother, thats how many people it took to hold me down for 1 shot.

13. Try five nurses. zoom!

Now that I'm old enough to like nurses, I wish i could get five nurses to pin me...

14. I can't donate because of a condition i carry in my blood, not because of a phobia.

If it was a simple matter of a phobia, then i would just remind myself that the person who needs this is probably missing a limb or has suffered some sort of terrible disease, which pales in comparison to a sore arm.

15. its harder than that for me, ive actually tried to say that before it just doesnt work. i can agree that that makes sense logically but i can not make myself go to give blood. i cant do it even tho that makes perfect sense.

16. I woulda given blood but I had to work all day. I have no issues with needles and I usually watch them put the needle in. The other day I had to get my meningitis shot but the nurse wouldnt let me and pushed my head away lol.