Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Get them on our side

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Baugh, Apr 11, 2010.

1. #1 Baugh, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
    For all the people out there that are trying to hide their stuff from other people, i.e parents, take time out to inform them, educate them...sit down with them and watch The Union. In case anyone has forgotten, we are fighting a war here.

The closer they are to you, the easier it will be.

2. yea i'd love to do that except my ass would be out the door w/a suitcase 30 mins later :D my mom's one of those super-ignorant ppl who won't listen to any reasoning no matter what. i tried telling her a news story once about new studies supporting legalization and she immediately started freaking out. took a hell of a lot to convince her that i didn't smoke and that it was just a news story i had seen on aol that morning. never doing that again lol.

3. Sounds like you've given up before you even tried.

4. sounds like he doesnt want to get kicked out..

5. I unfortunately am friends with a lot of people who think bud is the anti-Christ.
    I wish I could get them stoned so they could see how amazing it really is :)

6. You've gotta realize not everyone can open up to their parents about smoking weed, depending on religious views, location, etc..

It's a bit different for me...I'm 19, but still feel like I'm too young to tell my mom I smoke weed. She's perfectly educated on the effects of marijuana and she knows what's going on with it in this nation. And the reason she's so educated about it is because she works for a local police department here.. I don't live in a state where weed is even remotely okay to smoke. And my mom is friends with many many cops. So I think it'd really shock and upset her if she knew I smoked it. JUST because of the fact that it's illegal and considered a Drug. If it was legal, I know that she'd have no problem with it.
    My mom knows my siblings smoke weed, but they're 11+ years older than I am. She just couldn't handle hearing it from me right now, I'm also her baby...and she thinks I'm a perfect, do no wrong child.

7. For some of us there would be serious consequences to being open about smoking. In my case, they're bad enough that I would quit smoking before risking getting caught. Fortunately I'm secret agent level sneaky.

8. Seriously, this is good advice. Anyone you think you possibly could get the truth across to, do so. It's really relieving to not have to hide from and lie to people, especially loved ones. And beyond that, it IS really important to fight back against the misinformation campaign that ONDCP has waged for decades now.

WE ARE THE WEED LOBBY.

9. Aww, your the baby :eek:
    My dad is a private investigator. i feel ya.

10. Heheheh, it's the other way around for me. I can't risk having my kids find out. Ironic, eh?

I couldn't give a shit less what my parents would think at this stage of the game. They have to be nice to me, I'm going to be changing their shitty diapers sometime in the near future.

11. Hahahah yeah it's horrible, she's always been WAY more over protective with me than she was with my siblings. But I've also been spoiled more so it weighs itself out.
    But yeah my mom works with all of the evidence that comes into her police department. So she knows what every drug smells like, and I swear she has the strongest nose out of anyone I've ever met. Haha...but it's also neat when I go to her work.... I always go to her marijuana stash and just breathe in the beautiful aromas.

hahah yeah, but like I said...I think I'm still a bit young to tell my mom. Hah just saw your location, we live in the same state. :)

12. not in this economy ha. I'd LOVE to be out on my own, but I'm only working a part time job making roughly 600 bucks a month, plus I'm going to school. And the cheapest studio apartment around here is 500$/mo and I just can't afford that.

13. ive thought about telling me dad, he smokes it but at the same time he has told me not to do it although that was in the past, just last week he gave me 5 bucks and this was the conversation:
    me: thanks
    him: your welcome just dont go spen it on drugs (semi jokingly)
    me: ok i wont
    him: ok well if you do bring me some (laughs)
    me: (jokingly) alright lemme make a call
    him: nah you prolly get some rag weed

so idk i might tell him when im 18 (yes i know 18+ rule but hey im less than a month away from being 18) my moms a different story she is one of those super ignorants.

also i am setting up to have my really prudeish friend comeover and watch union and grass, if i can get him to sit through it. one time we were discussing legalization and heres how it went, for confidentiality purposes we willcall him jim.

jim: the only people who want weed legalized are all the lazy stoners

me: Thats not true, just because you smoke pot doesnt make you lazy, also other people that want it legalized are people with cancer aids and MS just to name a few

jim: Still its a drug and it should be illigeal

me: ok so if pots a drug what do you call alchohal and tobacco?

jim: (in a very aggrivated voice) ...a drug

me: exactly and not only that but of those three weed is at the bottom of the list of those in terms of harm it does to you

it basically ended there he turned into a toddler and started changing the subject because he knew i was right but he is a goody goody and if they say pots bad it must be terrible and blah blah blah.

14. im thinking about actually makeing a movie night, all my friends really (except 2 of them who live out of town >.>) I do have one friend that says he wants to try it but everytime i offer to smoke him up he is very reluctant.

also i have another friend he isnt really against it, hell he takes me to my deals but he cant smoke he is in the military and they get randomly tested.

15. Alright Utah! There's quite a few Utahns on here. Although my experience is most of the contacts went something like "I noticed you're in Utah, I just moved here and don't have a connect yet, hint hint." :) :smoking:

16. hahah that's lame, people need to find it themselves.

17. I don't mind helping people out if I can, but you have to get to know someone. When it comes to meeting people off the internet I'm not to worried if it's in a neutral, safe place, but everyone gets all sketchy and nothing ever happens. I know it's hard for people when they don't have any stoner friends, but you gotta take some chances to get the job done. I guess people who can't chat up the guy with the dreads and Wailers t-shirt in the park aren't going to have the sack to meet strangers from the internet either :)

18. Trying to educate them can be a double edged sword tho.
    If your educating them about marijuana their gonna think that your smoking it. If they actually listen to what your telling them then it won't matter but if they just ignore the facts and keep believing their propaganda then your gonna get fucked.