get involved

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Sep 5, 2012.

1. The president doesn't have much power. Everyone is saying ron Paul this and Gary jhonson that. The best they can hope for if they get elected is 4 years of stalling the status qou.

Change will only come when everyone wakes up and gets involved in politics at all levels. Including house Senate and even local elections for things like police cheif.

The reason democracy has failed us is because we don't pay attention. And we don't vote.

2. Although very unlikely, if Paul or Johnson became potus, the world would gain a major boost in the awareness of what is really causing this country to fail.

Instead of bullshit speeches and rhetoric used by mainstream candidates. Who's words hold no meaning to many who understand and whos words mean a lot of people who have no clue.

3. the commander in chief has the power to end occupations of other countries. That's a lot of power and would solve a lot of problems.

but yeah i do agree w/ people not paying attention etc.. things continue to run the way they do because they know no one pays attention to what goes on.

4. Either way works but Gary and Ron won't be our next president. Our best and only hope is to wake up the people. Maybe if politicians didn't talk to us like we were 4 year olds.

5. Too keep politicians from talking to us like we were 4 year olds, they need to hear from us! Start an intelligent dialog with them by writing to them! Show them that we are a bit smarter than the average 4 year old!

Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

There are 544,607 members at GC. That is potentially 544,607 letters to politicians, which IMHO could make a fair sized impact on their opinion of the American public!

Granny

6. #6 munchymeiser900, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    I only see people that come to the politics section doing this. Most of grasscity hates this forum

7. I don't really think writing a politician does a damn thing. Im 90% sure that nothing gets read and everyone gets a automatic reply. I have written my state congress complaining about the terrible job they are doing just to receive a letter thanking me for my support. Same with the letter I sent to the white house.:mad:

8. Trix, you should see this! The dude is a republican leader!

Medical marijuana legalization getting new life at Statehouse - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

\t"Illinois House Republican leader Tom Cross’ change of heart could mean a change in the prospects for medical marijuana in Illinois.

\tCross, R-Oswego, had opposed the legislation in the past, but changed his mind after hearing from constituents and members of the medical community"

It just takes enough of you getting off your asses and actually doing something! Politicians are "vote whores"- if they think it will get them the votes, they will flip-flop on ANY issue! :cool:

Granny :wave:

9. I agree to an extent. People need to wake up and get their head's out of their iPhones and look around and see what's really going wrong here. The corporations run this country..who do you think is funding Obama and Romney hundreds of millions of dollars for their campaigns? Lobbyists decide who we get to vote for, congress is full of corrupt politicians, and most citizens are just too busy fighting over which side is right when really both sides are wrong.

It's basic divide and conquer tactics and it's working perfectly in this country, that's why we are not a democracy..but and idiocracy. If everyone would come together we could put an end to this shit..we have the power to make changes happen for this country but too many people would rather fight over whether or not gays should get married, or abortion should be legal..but there is a much larger problem in the big picture, all the small issues that should be handled under the state laws are just used as distractions to like I said before..divide and conquer.

10. [quote name='"James2912"'][/quote]

A forum is an active discussion. It is not and encyclopedia.

Search button nazies need to chill and smoke a bowl