Germination question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CosmicVoyager, Mar 12, 2013.

1. I have 5 feminized northern light seeds and was wondering if i should even germinate them. Wouldn't it be easier to put them straight into soil and just wait for it to sprout? Or is it better to germinate

2. I've personally had better luck with germing first in a paper towel until the taproot gets about 1/2 long, then burning the root with the seed head sill poking out the top. And use pre-moistened soil instead of planting it and then watering. A lot of problems can arise if you water too fast and it carries the seed down several inches below the surface. Which is too far for a seedling to thrive if t ever pops out at all. Anyway, I like germing first.

But don't start the seeds until you have everything else ready. Your pots and soil, starter lights, etc.

3. Totally agree! A whole lot easier, at least for me to bury the dang seed! Yet some swear by the "Paper Towel" , to those I say if it works for you that is great, never like it myself.

4. I think it's just a patients thing. Stoners/ growers are to impatient. With the paper towel you can check and see how the seeds are doing. In the dirt it's almost like you are at the mercy of nature. I just put 10 seeds into 1 gal pots a week ago and all 10 are stating to get there first set of leafs popping out of the soil. All week though I was freaking out thinking they were not going to work because this was the first time I tried straight into dirt.

5. I water the cups first then pop the seed just under the soil then spray with water a couple times throw a baggie on and let er rip. But rapid rooters ona heat pad is the bees knees. 100 percent germ rate for me on that setup about 80 percent with cups.

6. I might just try like two seeds in soil and the other three i'll use paper towels to see which one works better

7. Sounds good. I always try lots of different methods and stick with what works best for me. For me the paper towel method ends up working best, and gives me the healthiest fastes growing starts. My seeds don't have to wear themselves out fighting to brake the surface of the soil. They just pop a root and mama takes care of the rest. ;)

8. Rooting plugs FTW.

9. I use the lil red cups, Cause if they get long and spindly you can transplant soon to fix but thats me