Germination problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CareFreeLivin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. I have two seeds both from GHS that I am trying to germinate. One is Lemon Skunk and the other is White Rhino. I decided to germinate the seeds straight into rockwool that I had soaked in ph'd water for ~12 hours. The seeds have been siting on a heat mat with a humidity dome for nearly 5 days and I have yet to see any growth. What am I doing wrong?? What should I change to help this process along? Should I put them under the 400w mh??

2. Light shouldn't have any factor to play in germination. I just did the paper towel method. Damp Paper towel wrap em up in it.. left it in a dark place over night and they were cracking.

3. What did you do after that?? Did you put them under a light once the seeds had cracked?

4. I did the paper towel method too, and i just buried the seeds in soil when they sprouted, and they started growing and when they got to the soil i used a light.

5. I have never heard of your method of germinating, usually people stick them in sponges/moist paper towels or a cup of water(fool proof), when doing that after 12 hours if you have any seeds that refuse to sink even when poking them, they are viable. You then let them sit for I think 24 hours. Also for both methods you keep them a dark dry place, that is not too cold.

It also could be that your seeds just arent good. How many do you have?? I would say write back to the place you ordered, or order again and tell them you will only buy if they throw you some extras or something.

6. I'm going to try germinating a couple more using the paper towel method. After they sprout do I then transfer them to the rockwool? I'm growing in bubble buckets, fwiw.

7. Yeah you can do that.

But im tellin you the cup of water method is full proof, and I liked it alot.

8. Maybe i'll try this method. Thanks.

9. Yup, the cup of water with a drop of Superthrive will have nearly 100 percent of seeds cracked within 24-hours nearly every time. I'd say it's far superior even to the paper towel method (which is also suitable).