Germination problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by walter451, Jul 22, 2009.

1. I have some seeds reliable seeds and started to germinate them about a 2 weeks ago. after day 2 or 3 the small root tap became visible so I planted her. after waiting about week one and no sprout I decided to check her out in another couple of days, and the seed looked exactly the same way I left it (a week ago). Its been another week and still there is no progress. I cant think of whats going on.

they are at room temp. and the only thing that I can think of is the seeds were sitting in a puddle while the root was out for some time. Possible death due to drowning?

2. doesn't sound like it.
    what's your planting medium? no nutes added all purpose potting soil is best. when you pop your seed in soil it's best to try to ensure that the tip isn't resting on anything hard - like a chunk of perlite. also, don't let the root dangle inside a hole. I use a toothpick to drive a hole in pre-moistened soil twice the length of the root, insert the root, and gently press the soil against the sides of the root to snug it into the soil, leaving just the seed shell sitting on top.
    you can gently remove the soil from around your root to have a look. if it's brown, it's a gonner. if it's white, replant it.