Germination problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dizz-e, Oct 2, 2017.

1. I placed sour diesel seeds in damp paper for 24 hrs. They popped open, I placed them in jiffy pellets (root side down). One popped up just stem no leaves or even beginning of a leaf not even the little round leaves that first sprout. 10 hrs later half the stem looks almost black as if burnt. Any suggestions or help?

2. Did the initial round leaves break out of the seed, or did they get stuck inside?
    Photos will help.

-Logan

3. Yes she'll fell but leaves stayed curled up and purplish

4. Best pic I have.

Attached Files:

5. why 2 threads man

6. Anxious for ans

7. im thinking you should just start over like i said before plant numerous seeds so if something goes wrong u have a few left

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cool thanks..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah, I had one plant do the same. Just germ another seed and hope for better next time! It was rough getting a seed to start for me, but now look... IMG_2069.JPG

-Logan

10. Thanks man ...

11. I have another in pellet gonna soak a few more limited on space so can't get to many going at once. I have a 300 led full spec light ffof soil. Any tips or suggestions

12. Only two things will do that - mechanical damage or bugs. Or a bacterial infection called stem rot. This really sucks, as the stem turns black then goes to mush. I lost an entire crop once to that. Ordered from a supposedly reputable breeder who stressed organic all the way. Even included some bullshit concoction to mix and "pre-treat" the propagation medium. All I got was a huge blowfly infestation and dead seedlings (like 12 of them).
    Only thing to do is clean up, disinfect everything and throw it away if it can't be disinfected, then start over.
    Frankly, I prefer rapid rooters to jiffy pellets for propagation, plant seed straight into the rooter plug after an overnight soak in bottled spring water. But that's my personal preference.
    Sorry for the bad luck, keep going & you'll get it right. Welcome to Grass City & bestaluck to ya.

13. So it looks like I got my work cut out for me. Okay so if I bleach my room down floor to ceiling and maybe some Lysol spray on all equipment and pots. Thanks for the help. I will try a 24hr soak straight into pellets. I have one I started yesterday should I move that outside for germ?and hope it goes good? Again thanks