Germinating seeds.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Esi, Mar 10, 2017.

1. You have a lot of different ways to germinate seeds. I soak mine in water for 12 hours and drop them directly into solo cups filled with good soil mixed with perlite. I place them under a T5 light for heat and light. I get a seedling within 2-3 days after planting.

Here are 5 different methods for germinating. They all work....just a question of preference.

How do I germinate marijuana seeds? | Grow Weed Easy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Soak in (distilled)water and whenever they crack open, plant them in a 2cm deep hole in your soil.
    In my own experience, viable healthy seeds usually germinate between 10 hours to 3 days.

• Like Like x 2
  3. @yazdan doesnt sound really good for the seed to be soaked for that long tho no?

4. 14 days or up to 3?
    Whenever they crack open, you gotta plant them so they don't get drowned.

5. I left mine in a soaked paper towel in a sandwich bag then put them in my dresser. I then check daily for a tap root and about after 1-2 days I plant them regardless if they cracked or not. I just did 3 and they all are sprouted and about 2 inches tall in the first week. I put one seed directly in coco and the other two in jiffy pellets and all are successful.

6. Maximum in water..after they sink...up to 4 hrs then to soil! IMHO
    Mine usually sink in 2-18 hrs.

7. rapid rooters.png

Foolproof.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I usually just plant mine straight in coco. I help keep them moist till they sprout by putting a small 4"x 4" square of plastic from a baggie over the surface. This helps to keep it from drying out too fast.

9. No

10. No - they're for both. I have used them for seeds for over 15 years. Just soak in purified water, shake out excess, place the seed in the hole, and in 2-3 days it pops. No handling, no seed soaking, no paper towels. They are literally foolproof.

11. @MickFoster alright so when it begins rooting do I put the thing into the soil im going to be using?

12. No, you want a seedling starting mix. 50% Canadian sphagnum peat moss/50% aeration. No nutrients or very little.

13. Paper towel baggie hot house my preferred way using distilled 1-3 days should see root than plant 2cm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

14. @xSoFx are you serious? So when the seedling has started to root through the sponge I cant put it into a solo cup full of Coco Coir? You're saying it has to be...50% Canadian sphagnum peat moss/50% aeration.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maybe he has Canadian seeds???

:yay:

16. It definitely shouldn't take 14 days to germinate seeds.

I soak in a glass of water for 12 hours and then transfer to a wet paper towel. Within 24-48 hours I've got tap roots on 75% of them, and then 24 hours after that the rest are generally popped.

If I have some old seeds or particularly tough seeds I put them inside a little box I made lined with sandpaper and shake them around a bit to put some scratches in their shell, that will get the most stubborn seeds to germinate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bahahaaaa

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

18. You need to learn that not all advice is good advice. He assumed that you were going to grow in soil. I put my rapid rooter in the coco as soon as I plant the seed and let it germinate there - allowing the roots to grow directly into the coco without any excess handling. Just like planting direct. And do not wait 2 weeks to feed if you're growing in coco. How are you pre-charging your coco? It's necessary.

• Like Like x 1