germinating question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Snem2012, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Alright so yesterday I took a paper plate and lined it with a wet paper towl. put seeds on the paper towl. put another paper towl on top and put anothe paper plate on top.
    so It kinda looked like a clam shell? haha

But when I checked on it today all the paper towels dried up and none of the seeds have sprouted. I placed them in a sealed ziplock bag. will this help keep moisture in and keep the paper towels from drying out?.

also is my first failure to germinate going to effect them?

sorry if this is a dumb question..

2. I'm not sure if it hurt them or not, probably not. If you're going to do the paper towel method make sure to put in a ziploc or tupperware, otherwise it will dry out like you've experienced. Good luck!

3. Or put them in soil. Many people feel that is more natural. And less likely to dry out.

4. Put the sealed bag inside your PC for a day. The heat generated will speed up the germination process. Make sure bag is well sealed though as you don't want any leaks.

5. well its at my parents house so the pc thing isnt an option. Its been going for a day and like 2 of the 13 seeds look like there ready to crack. im just impatient xD

6. You definitely want it in a Ziploc sealed and not between two paper plates where air easily dries the paper towels out. I have done it between two ceramic or "China" plates and it worked well, but again it was much more sealed.

What you are doing now will definitely work and you are probably right that you are seeing them on the verge of cracking. Be patient.

7. alright thanks man, has your grow turned itself around? im also growing in new england this year