Germinating help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ZIloveWeed, Aug 12, 2012.

1. I put 4 seeds in a glass of warm water about a week or longer ago and the popped out but once the little stem popped out just a little bit it stopped and has not grown anymore is it dead or does it take longer
    Thanks.

2. What I like to do is wait until the seed sinks to the bottom of the glass then transfer them to the moist paper towel germination trick, I recommend it next time, very high success rate!!

3. last time i put it in water and then once it popped open i put it in a paper towel this time i just kept them in water the whole time. its ok thought i have some i put in the paper towel today

4. Give that a few days, if that doesn't work then you re try, but keep in mind, I planted my seed when the taproot was barely out at all, you can still try putting them in soil and seeing how it works out!!

5. For myself I do the shotglass thing for 24 hours then no matter what I take them out. At that point sometimes the shell is starting to split but either or I dump it out on a towel inside a plastic container then I put a top on it. I stick that in a cool area or on a heating pad with a towel on it on low...dont always do that though. In 24-72 hours there poped and I plant.

If 5-7 days has gone by and they have not done anything they most likely never will. After about a 7 days your seeds will most likely turn black which means there fermenting and time to trash them.

A plant produces a enormus amount of seeds..sometimes you just get unlucky and get some duds.