Germinated For Too Long Help Me Save Some Plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by macdemarco13, May 8, 2014.

1. This thread was also posted on the absolute beginners forum a couple hours ago, but I thought I would post it on this one too so I could get some help

How's is goin guys, i'm new to grasscity and a first time grower, just had a few questions and concerns...

I decided to grow some kc brains kc-45 autoflowers outdoors, i started germinating them with the paper towel method indoors on with a heating pad. After about a day, about 3/5 seeds popped, so i decided to wait until they all popped so that i could plant them at the same time. However, while i was in school the roots got really long and one of them even lost its shell and had the cotyledons showing. The cotyledons we're yellowish and almost looked dead, the paper towel was drying out but was still slightly damp. The other seeds were in similar situations, but they popped a little later so they weren't as far along. I planted them immediately (5/6/14) and watered them. Today, they all looked about the same, but the dead-looking one seemed to be a little greener, but still yellow. I live in new england, so it still gets to be around 45-55 at night, but 65-70 during the day. Basically, i wanna know if the seedlings will be able to survive, especially with the cold nights. Unfortunately, i can't start/bring the seedlings inside, because im still and highschool and I'm sure my parents wouldn't be too fond of this idea...On another note, and advice regarding kc-45's, autoflowers, growing outdoors, or anything else will be well appreciately. I'll also be growing some of sweet's dark devil autos, buddha magnum autos, and some free seeds from herbies which are delicious cotton candy, world of seeds strawberry blue, and "hawaiian skunk haze."

The second picture is the one that looked dead-ish to me, but I think it might bounce back

P.S. some of the kc-45 had almost shed their seeds, but i read that this particular strain has a problem with "helmet head" so I carefully took the shell off of the seedlings without damaging them, as well as the little filmy skin that is under the shell. Is this ok? the shells were pretty much about to fall off anyways, I was just nervous that they would get stuck and the seedlings would die since I can't go to my location to check on them every couple of hours

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

2. I don't understand the problem  they germinated and are now in soil. Sounds like a success story to me 

3. The buds are suppose to start coming out right now! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app