Germ

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Endirr, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Trouble:confused: germinating seed White Widow Ferm, 3 attemps 3 fail!
    Typical process:
    1. water, distilled
    2 24 -48 move to Dome, paper towel and darkness wait for Taproot.
    3 Plant in Rockwool

Bagweed(3 plants)100% success, about 1'' long under T5(DWC).
    Maybe eliminate the soak in glass of water, and go to just wet towel.

2. Where did you get the widow seeds from.... should have worked same as the bag seed. Could have got some bad seed.

3. skip the paper towel, just soak and then plant. only use rockwool if growing in hydro, from what Ive read here in the beginners section germination in rockwool isnt such a good idea, at least if you grow in soil later. I like to soak in water, then plant in peat pellets they have better germination rates than soil at least with non-cannabis seeds in my experience, so I also use them for cannabis and so far it has worked great. but Im a soil grower and I believe you dont want organic matter like that in a hydro system.

4. BC Seed Bank.

5. Just started 2 more without water bath first. When straight to wet towel, let see what happens.
    Bagweed seeds a total success.

6. One formed taproot after just 24 hour of water bath. White Widown is in Roackwool!
    I started two more without bath to as a comparision. It seems 24 hour soak is faster, while I'll have to wait on non-presoak seeds to germ.

7. Success, germinated 2 seeds waiting for first leaf to appear. I have several more WW waiting to show taproots.

Happy, happy, happy.