Georgia Senate passes medical marijuana bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Toxy, Mar 21, 2014.

1. #1 Toxy, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/03/20/georgia-senate-passes-medical-marijuana-bill/

"The Georgia Senate on Thursday unanimously approved limited use of medical marijuana in Georgia, sending the legislation back to the state House with expectations of extended negotiations."

WE'RE GETTING CLOSER!

Okay, just to clarify. It is a strict bill only allowing certain patients to posses cannabis OIL. This a good starting point, so lets take it, be proud, and keep pushing for our rights to use cannabis!

2. #2 Delightfully High, Mar 21, 2014
    So marijuana is now considered medicinal in Ga.?!!!??! I live in Georgia and never thought it would happen in a million years! Please keep me updated! I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to politics.

3. Awesome news!

4. This is the same thing they're doing in Alabama..I have the same feelings about it as this person..couldn't really say it better than this

<a class="">undergroundbasement.</a>

What a weak and insulting bill that is. First , someone would I assume, have to have seizures and a documented medical history of suffering from them. 2nd, would they then have to get some GA doctor's written and registered approval just to possess the oil ?  ... and THEN , it's up to them to travel some 1400 miles for example to Denver, then 1400 miles back , going thru Kansas , Missouri , Illinois , Kentucky, Tennessee , then into Georgia ? That's one heck of a potentially illegal road trip. They could fly from ATL to DEN , but TSA at the Denver Airport in the beginning of January already said they will confiscate and fine anyone caught trying to fly out any marijuana product. On top of that, there is a limit to how much an out-of-state resident can purchase in Colorado and prices are EXPENSIVE now in Colorado. This GA MMJ oil bill is a slap in the face.

5. We need to give it time. Yes, it's not the strongest marijuana bill passed, but it IS one. Slowly but surely.

6. #6 Toxy, Mar 21, 2014
    It isn't completely medicinal right now, as the poster above me stated. They've just legalized the use of cannabis oil for patients with severe seizures. It IS a step though, like I said. The thought that someone in our state can legally have cannabis oil is something.

7. Someone in office has a loved one who can benefit from the oil and they have said f@#k the system and its severe limitations for the sick, lets get the oil into the hands of sick people in this state. Good on them!!  the next step... people see that this oil helps/helped the sick- now onto more understanding of the oil, chat rooms, blogs, etc all start reporting the benefits and whamo boom bammo it is OK all of a sudden. such is the way of life and the efforts required to impart knowledge upon conditioned minds.

8. Wow, what a horrible bill.

9. Agreed. These medical bills in the south restricting it to cbd is a sly move by repubs. to look like they are compassianate while still basically maintaining prohibition on various forms of cannabis.