George Zimmerman Acquitted of Trayvon Martin Murder

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 469440, Jul 14, 2013.

1. #1 Deleted member 469440, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    http://rt.com/usa/jury-verdict-zimmerman-trial-070/

Brace yourselves blades.. we're all racists now.. lol

I didn't really watch any of this trial, i'm pretty sure the MSM was just trying to distract us with it..

2. This is bullshit. Zimmerman instigated the confrontation, it wasn't self defence.

3. It's what I've been saying since the very beginning is that he should've gotten manslaughter. Regardless of what happened afterwards the man followed somebody for no reason, didn't listen to the dispatcher, and it resulted in someone losing their life.

It could've been avoided pretty easily IMO.

4. Cool, hopefully now everyone will shut the fuck up about this stupid bullshit. 

5. Zimmerman may have been guilty, but the prosecution failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.       

Exactly.

You are innocent until proven guilty. Its not his fault the prosecution did a terrible job.

7. I never saw any compelling evidence against zimmerman, only "hes white and he shot a black kid so it must have been racially provoked". He had a right to defend himself if he felt threatened, and who's to say he wasn't threatened? Treyvon Martins family can make all the claims they want, but the simple fact of the matter is they weren't there.

And if he did shoot Treyvon Martin in cold blood? Well that sucks. People die all the time and nobody is punished. People in America get away with murder all the time, you just don't realize it because not every case becomes a huge national debate.

8. The administration failed once again with this political show trial to take away our right to self defense. The MSM lied over and over about this case. I am so glad Zimmerman is free. 

9. Not what this was about.

I have more of a problem with the beginning moments. Where one man followed another for no reason, and continued to after he was told by dispatchers to stop. He may have been justified in killing Trayvon, I don't know, I wasn't there. What I do have a fairly good grasp on is the fact that Zimmerman didn't have to follow Trayvon(and he wasn't authorized to do so really), and he didn't have to keep going after he called 911, so Trayvon didn't have to die that night and that's why I think Zimmerman deserves manslaughter.

This is the worst kind of logic.

It's one thing to say "I don't care." it's just asinine when you say "Well bad stuff happens everywhere so I don't care."

10. This was the obvious outcome from the very beginning. I don't see how anyone thinks otherwise. It's irrelevant that he didn't listen when they told him to not follow Martin. It was just a suggestion, it's wasn't actually illegal to do it, and the question is one of law, not opinion.

11. Martin described Zimmerman as a "creepy cracker" to his girlfriend on the phone. Zimmerman might be a racist, but Martin definitely was a racist.

12. I predict that there'll be guys who look like Zimmerman that are going to be hassled.  I could picture somebody who resembles him walking down the street, and somebody points and shouts, "Hey, there's that guy George Zimmerman, the killer, let's get him!", and a bunch of people start harassing him.  Or, it could work the other way, with people in the street congratulating "George Zimmerman", although it isn't the real one.  

13. http://rt.com/usa/zimmerman-acquittal-nationwide-protests-071/

Now people are starting to riot already.. wtf if the media didn't blow this up nobody was give a damn. Just show's how much control they have over people :/

14. Black folks know how all of us white folks felt after the OJ fiasco.

15. Thats not what i meant at all. What i meant was that somebody doesn't always need to get punished. It could not be proven that Zimmerman was responsible for the death of Trayvon, therefore Zimmerman shouldn't be punished. He very well could of been responsible, but it could not be proven. So blame the prosecution, blame the jury, do whatever you feel like you need to do to get rid of this archaic need for revenge you have, but remember that Zimmerman went through the court and didn't cut any corners, and at the end of the day he was not guilty.

16. If you had stated this instead of saying "Well it is what it is" I wouldn't of quoted it.

It's not a need for revenge, I just think the man did something wrong. Regardless of whether the courts found him guilty, I think he's guilty. When you mention the courts you remind me that we've yet to see happens in civil court. I'm pretty sure he'll be found in error there.

Also just wanted to state I found this specific quoted part to be incredibly condescending. The way you phrased "archaic need from revenge" reads out as if you're some how above it. Almost as if you wouldn't care if put in your position since you don't have that urge.

Does 'would you mind fucking off?' count as an insult?

If not, do.

18. ^ And OJ was guilty. So why so tetchy?

19. Simpson murdered two people, there was no "self-defense" plea because it was premeditated murder and not even the defense denied that.  Simpson got off because members of the jury were incapable of understanding the DNA evidence, which was conclusive and should have meant a guilty verdict.  

20. #20 jay-bird, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    Aren't you technically allowed to follow anybody? Aren't you allowed to ask somebody questions in the street? If all it is gonna take for Trayvon to try and knock your "creepy white ass" out, is you aproaching him twice and asking him questions, there is a problem.

In fact, Zimmerman did nothing besides creep out Trayvon in order to have him break the law and assault him. The death could have been avoided if Zimmerman listened to police, but I still think Trayvon caused his own death by acting like some sort of warrior. If Trayvon did anything but assault Zimmerman, then Zimmerman probably would have done anything but shoot Trayvon.

Sometimes, lack of communication is what causes human problems. I think it was 110% TRAYVON that caused the lack of communication by trying to fuck up someone that he thought was creepy when they approached him a second time.

I have no idea what really happened and I don't usually play devil's advocate but I really feel I have to for Zimmerman, even though he's been deemed innocent. I base my previous assumptions on what we all know about the case. I just find it crazy when people automatically jump to Trayvon's side with the logic "Zimmerman shouldn't have murdered Trayvon with his gun! In fact Trayvon had a right to try and fuck up that wanabe police officer" :rolleyes: