Geometric Shapes

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by LostBegonia, Sep 27, 2022.

  1. Is there a name for a shape that is like two cones with their bases glued together?
  2. It's called a Melvin.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I've seen it called a double cone. I've also seen cones with their points together called a double cone.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #6 Headhunterpipes, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022

    Equivalently, a bicone is the surface created by joining two congruent, right, circular cones at their bases. A bicone has circular symmetry and orthogonal bilateral symmetry.

    And that concludes the lessons for the day ...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I would call the one with the points together an hourglass
    • Agree Agree x 1

Share This Page