Geometric Art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by NorseMythology, Mar 5, 2016.

1. I have long admired geometry and geometric art so I recently decided to draw some of my own. I got a 3dollar ruler and a 3dollar compass and semi-circular protractor, I figured I would see if I got into and learned what I required in these tools.

Here are a few, keep in mind I have only been at it for a few days so they will get more symmetrical and complex as I learn. I would also like to see any you guys have done, inspire me!

Any tips or tool ideas would be appreciated as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Those are great, thanks for sharing. I like the second and third pics in particular because they have similar shapes as one that I'm interested in. It's maybe the only other shape that's not a circle that has the same diameter any way you measure off of center.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #4 NorseMythology, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    Thanks Guy!

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Less than perfect but it's coming along

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

Then I added a bit, I think I like the effect.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. That is pretty cool!

I love geometric art as well, especially when it's based off the flower of life.

My favorite artist is MC escher (spelling?), he has immaculate precision with his hand eye!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll check him out thanks!

• Like Like x 6
  8. You may enjoy this guys art

bugman123.com/Math/index.html

• Like Like x 1
  9. That was pretty awesome. Love the bubbles one!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I used to be into Fractal art. Does this count?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I love fractal art, and that is great!

I have a thread of some of my fractals in the art section, feel free to add some of yours!

• Like Like x 2
  12. The Mandelbrot fractal blows mind, what's left of it anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  13. [​IMG]

Added more to the last one, I like it except the triangle. I am going to shade some of it to give it a 3d effect, we will see how it goes!

• Like Like x 2
  14. [​IMG]

I labelled the layers 1-4 so it's easier to see.

I colored it so any spike is colored the opposite of the one across from it. So it's symmetrical in that sense but I should have probably just made it look 3d with lighting and shading.

IDK, I spent a long time thinking about it before and during... I must confess with all the lines and layers it was too much for me to visualize. I hope that ability is amplified as I do this more frequently.

• Like Like x 3
  15. [​IMG]

This was kind of like what I had in my mind, except a 4d version.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Those some beautiful lines brother!

• Like Like x 2