Genetics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ranger23, Sep 15, 2017.

1. What's up guys? What genetics are you all using to get them big christmas tree plants that put on the lbs? Been at it 10 years now and still in the serch for something that is outstanding. Thanks for any input .

2. #1 Climate
    #2 Start them inside
    #3 Topping/pruning

If you don't live in a state with nice long sunny summers than that's a challenge. You MUST start your plant/plants indoor under lights ahead of your outdoor season. You want a plant of decent size come May or whenever your outdoor seanson begins. Topping and lst (bending/shaping) plants is needed in order to break the plant of it's natural shape.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes usually start them Feb and set them in April harvest as late as last of October. Some I top some I don't . Just depends on the type . Just trying to get an idea of what genetics you all are having big success with Thank you

4. #4 DirtyViperMan, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Woah inside under lights. Seems excessive, started from seed mid March in a green house. Just a small Costco greenhouse, pot up at the right times, and then into good soil with plenty of water. Be sure Cali sun, high quality genetics and good location are very helpful. In my experience I get about about an inch and half of growth day more during the hottest months. Generally I say a foot of growth a week so assuming flowering starts mid August earlier or later depending on strain. Planted June 1 this year expecting ten foot plants which most are a few are twelve so it's not completely accurate.
    Genetics play a big part into it just because it tall and big doesn't mean it's a good yield. Durban as always done good for me, I really like Sapphire og from Humboldt seed company just did an amazing job with it. Also rare dankness ghost train haze just killer, slow to flower probably mid November finish but the buds are long and already sizeable
    Check out my log for reference

5. Haven't found a plant that I can't grow 5+lbs with. Most 8+. GSC comes to mind as the lowest yielder I have grown, and I got 7-8 per plant.

I usually start my plants, indoors, on holy week.

6. Thanks man. I'll check it out

7. Swami Organic Seeds NL5 x Haze gets HUGE. This is Nevils Original 88 Release NL5/Hz.

Also look into the Swami Blue Orca Haze.

Mr Nice Super Silver Haze.

8. Thanks man I needed to know what u guys are growing. So if I don't make it to the weight I have other problems

9. I live in the Ohio vally I gorrila grow I dig holes 10 ft in diameter and about knee deep if the dirt is not horrible I mix in about 3 to 4 duffle bags of pure horse manure that is alfalfa and about 10 to 30 lbs of rabbit manure that came from alfalfa. I use a bloom booster at the end of the year big up powder from fox farm . That's about it I usually put 4 in the ground together I think I'm crowding them I also have problems hiding them so thwy are not in the sun all day I checked with a deer cam and getting about 7 8 hrs sunlight. I'd like to change the way I'm doing it but I have to find healthy genetics to do so if I plant just one in my good spots and it turn out to be crap then I lost that spot for the year that's why I load up to 4 in every dig that way if 1 or 2 die or don't make anything I got 1 or 2 left if the deer and shit don't eat them . If u have any suggestions for me I'll take them thank you all for ur input.

10. I'm also in the Ohio Valley. Extreme Northeast Ky. Butthole of the Universe. Soil is terrible generally. The river is good, but highly patrolled. I don't use the river. I really don't do anything outside anymore, but some buddies do.

To help with crowding, and 4 per hole, you may want to bend them over, and train them away from each other, as much as possible.

11. How do u get the seeds from that place I looked said I had to have a medical card .

12. Swami Organic Seeds ?? No Med Card Needed.

You go to the site and ask for a Seed Request. Click Top Right. In the 1st box ask if you can have a list of seeds that aren't listed on the site.

Leave Donation, and # Packs blank. See if he will send the other listings. If not the only 1s available will be the 1s listed on the site. It also lists Blue Orca Haze Unavailable, but I bought some, and others got some not long ago. Ask.

Swami also has the Blue Orca x Road Kill Skunk/Guadalajara.

IMHO the most feasible 1s are the BO x RKS

NL5 X Hz

Blue Orca Haze.... for where we are, and some will be late. But the genetics are unmatched.

GAS will send an Email with Seed Selection, but Id probably stick with those as the most feasible.

The Seed Selection he sends via email, also may not represent everything he has. Any Strain listed on the site that you can click, and get a description, are available.

After you know what seeds you want, and # of packs, you send a Donation with credit card, and after payment, send GAS the Payment Authorization that was sent to your email,, and what seeds you wanted. He will send conformation.

13. Holy crap, I didn't know he had seeds. I see him at Harborside vending, but didn't realize he had a see line. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1