Geneticists go ape for better primate family tree

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Thunderstruck, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Thought this was an interesting read. It seems strange to me that humans would evolve from only one source.

Geneticists Go Ape For Better Primate Family Tree - Science News

2. Can i ask you, why you think it strange that homosapiens would evolve from only one source?

3. first I just want to make it clear, I was talking about all forms of humans, not homosapiens specifically. What I was thinking about is that the source point was an area in Africa. Why is it that several waves came from there but never from any other place, there were apes on other parts of the planet then so why is it that one particular area bred them?

I know later on some came from the china area but even still why not anyplace else? Admittedly I don't know too much about the subject so maybe it's already known but the extent of my knowledge is from the Out of Africa series (I'm pretty sure that's the name of it) I watched on YouTube with the hot British scientist. :D

These are just my musings as I read these sorts of things. Feel free to educate me or reply with a video that would give me a better understanding. (hope you don't read that as me being an ass, I really am just generally curious and know my knowledge is very limited in this subject)

4. there was a midget living in like indonesia until like 12,000 years ago that were human and im pretty sure they evolved in a jungle or some shit.

5. There would be a wealth of variables to reason why the human species began to evolve in Africa. Firstly, it is obviously an ecosystem suitable for apes of our descendant - obviously other places on Earth, where the environment is more hostile or less hospitable for the genus homo.
    The environment is the guiding force of nature, and the likely reason that animals evolved to leave the water was because of temperamental weather conditions with the habitat - it was likely that the fish which evolved limbs for roaming the solid land did so because of draughts and other conditions that cause their water supply to lower dramatically for long periods of time, meaning the ability to wonder away from water to get to other sources was critical to staying alive and thriving. Later after the dinosaurs, the mammals that remained were likely small shrew time animals that eventually took to the trees, in the likely process of trying to avoid predators on the ground and find more abundance of food within the canopies. This had to take place in an environment that could sustain and allow these processes over millions of years. Africa is the best candidate for this to happen, Along with Asia and some parts of Europe - mainly Mediterranean

6. I understand all that other stuff but why is it that we don't see a source for humans in Asia, Europe and South America. They all have the same type of environments as Africa. I know two types of early humans mingled in Europe but both types came out of Africa and the same goes with Asia.

7. [quote name='"Thunderstruck"']

I understand all that other stuff but why is it that we don't see a source for humans in Asia, Europe and South America. They all have the same type of environments as Africa. I know two types of early humans mingled in Europe but both types came out of Africa and the same goes with Asia.[/quote]

Its happened in africa first then we moved out. Thats not to say it.couldnt have happened else where if it didnt happen in africa first. Dont overthink it, its just the way the cards dealt