Genetically Modified Food.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BluntAssassin, Nov 20, 2011.

1. That article is a bunch of ignorant, scare-tactic bullshit. Not to mention it's from a clearly biased source. It contains no valid factual information about the health effects of GM food.

No. And scientific data to back it up? How about this:

Food has been genetically engineered since the 90's. About 60% of the shit you see at your local supermarket is genetically modified.

Basically, you've been eating GM food for the last 15-20 years. Do you have any obvious health issues that can be attributed to genetic engineering? I think not.

Source: Altered Food, GMOs, Genetically Modified Food - National Geographic

2. You talk about being biased and under the safety question, they have a spokesman from Monsato answer it. umm?

This is a good article.
    Genetically Modified Foods (Biotech Foods) Pros and Cons

What I don't understand is yes, we've been eating these modified foods for a while now but how would we know if someone got sick off it? It's not labeled on the food so there's no evidence to link it to anything if the person were to get sick. Even the FDA is kind of in the air about GMOs.

3. That's exactly what I'm saying. If they really were THAT bad for you, we'd know by know.

4. Cases of cancer increase every year...don't you think what we eat effects what diseases we get?

5. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']Top 10 Dangers of Genetically Modified Food[/quote]

Hmm more pesticides, higher fat percentages

That could explain a lot right there. Considering USA uses GMOs for pretty much all foods. And we also have the fattest people and soaring cancer rates. Maybe it's not all from GMOs because the entire food industry is pretty sketchy but i think it has a big role in it.

6. why not just be safe? lol fuck it w are america fuck yea fuck the enviroment fuck yea. Or how about play it safe and know that we have good food for our children instead of prison food.