Genetically engineered virus wipes out Cannabis

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Alm0stL0gan, Feb 11, 2012.

1. what if a man-made virus was engineered to kill off all of marijuana on the Earth. What would you do ?

2. punch you in the face

3. Grow in an air tight dome, smoke meth, you name it...

4. Laugh when it mutates and destroys all rice, causing WWIII

5. Hahaha, I think I would go with the Airtight underground secret growhouse with 50 purification chambers on the way in and out.

6. it all depends on if it kills people if they smoke infected marijuana. if it doesn't then everyone and their brother will start growing inside because the price of marijuana will explode. If it does, well then we're prolly already dead :smoke:

7. Fap.
    Then design a way to grow cannabis regardless.

8. I'd engineer a counter virus that wipes out your virus. Simple.

9. pry switch to opium?

10. #10 Storm Crow, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    Not virus, fungus!

Feasibility of Using Mycoherbicides to Control Illicit Drug Crops Is Uncertain
    (news – 2011) Feasibility of using mycoherbicides to control illicit drug crops is uncertain

US Gov't Plans to Spray Controversial GE Fungus to Stop Marijuana Cultivation

A Fungus to Kill Marijuana Has Environmentalists Wary - NYTimes.com

They want to use various Fusarium species to kill cannabis, but Fusarium has a nasty habit of jumping species. And just look what can happen with one of the species!

Fusarium Fungus Exposure Injury Lawsuits
    Fusarium Fungus Exposure Injury Lawsuits Infections, Blindness | Bausch & Lomb, Contact Lens Solution

So far, our government has only "made plans", but has not allowed this madness to happen!

As to what I'd do, I have a study, somewhere, about making certain bacteria produce cannabinoids! :eek: since this is hypothetical, I am feeling just too lazy to dig it up!

Granny

11. its too late to make marijuana extinct

12. Man, who the hell is gonna be the one to make the virus to destroy cannabis? Who could have the heart? Also it would probably mutate and kill a lot more than just cannabis plants.

13. I would quarantine my grow room and only work in the room with a hazmat suit and a decontamination room.

Haha I aint giving up!

14. I would start a rebellion...even if no one joins me. That shit crosses the line in my book :mad:

15. I'd fuckin' move to Canada.

16. start growing and breeding strains resistant to the virus.

17. Granny4Prez

18. I wouldn't want to live on this planet anymore.