general reminder

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by toastybiz, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Hi all, it just occurred to me to post this little reminder: if you plan to grow indoors in the next six months, now is the time to shop for supplies.

We see so many posts in the dead of Winter from folks who can't find potting soil, perlite without ferts added, ferts, soil amendments, etc. And it's true, places like Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Ace, etc cut back their inventory in the gardening section during colder months.

The best selection may already be disappearing in your area, and certainly will be in the next few weeks. So stock up now, and happy shopping!

2. Good advice toasty. I remember my first grow was in the winter and the only soil I could find was frozen top soil lol. Definitely get what you need before it's too late.

3. #3 Grassyblues, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
    indeed it is a good bit of advice, stocked up on promix bales the other day, i dont want to be buying soil(less) in the dead of winter anyway:wave:. prob just stoner paranoia but still:smoking:

4. good stuff toasty:wave:

5. I prefer to support our local businesses and avoid places like Walmart when I can. I'm guessing your local indoor grow shop will stay well stocked throughout the year. I encourage growers to support the local businesses too. But good advice for those to whom it applies.

6. Even mom-and-pop operations need to manage their inventory to match supply to demand, so they probably cut back on such materials in Winter as well. Or, maybe not. My point wasn't about patronizing Wally World and other big box stores, just to get folks thinking that buying supplies now probably will allow a greater selection than trying to find supplies in another couple of months.

7. Word. I got ya. Good advice.