General questions about my plant..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by XxIshienxX, Apr 11, 2014.

1. #1 XxIshienxX, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    So about 4 weeks ago I started to grow a plant, I am a beginner in the growing and cultivation of cannabis, but I have grown other plants ranging from sunflowers to okra. So I know how to generally grow plants, and I have researched of various sites and forums(mostly this one).

1st question: About 1 week after my plant sprouted and grew a bit, I had to bring it inside because the temperature that night was going to drop below 65f. So I wake up and my cat decided she wanted to dig up my soil and my plant was lying on the counter, luckily it wasn't mangled and torn, it was still in one piece but i could definitely tell the root was much shorter than it should have been, so I quickly made up a rabbit poop and fish oil mixture and replanted, as well as placing it back in the sunlight. Will this lengthen the time it takes for my plant to start budding? If so, any estimates on how long I've been set back? From what I understood it should be starting to bud soon. By the way, my plant did begin to grow again, in case I wasn't clear enough

2nd question: Though my plant has not started to bud, how can I determine it's gender? I have a couple of pictures from about a week ago I will attach to this post. I'm not sure if it's clear in the pictures, but it seems to have white specks on the top of the leaves, I know what mold looks like and I'm pretty sure that's not what this is, but of course I could be wrong.

Final question: I have nosey neighbors, so I've decided to make a mini greenhouse for my plant. I just want to know the thoughts of some experienced growers. Now temporarily I was thinking, until I can purchase some wood, I can use a cardboard box(lined with foil??) and a clear sheet of plastic for the top. But I was worried about my plant not getting enough air. Is just uncovering the top for a couple of hours sufficient? From my understanding, the point of the green house is to, aside from trying to be discreet, is to trap the light, and give my plant more optimal access to rays that help it grow and shorten the grow period, so I thought poking holes would be counter-productive. Also I know the cannabis I got the seeds from was pretty potent, any tips for masking the smell? I assume the green house will cover part of that base for me, but I have a feeling it's not going to be enough at all, I don't want the area to reek of pot every time I needed to tend to my plant. My neighbors are very close, like 10-15ft away close. I definitely want some tips on how I should resolve this problem. Not to sound like an asshole, but I would really like some solid answers from experienced growers, I can't go on assumptions. And I wouldn't feel safe going on opinions from non-experienced growers. No offense to anyone, I don't care who posts on this thread, but just please don't try to give me advice about something your current knowledge can't support. My landlord is an asshole and I don't want my neighbors whining to him. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. And I apologize for the dreadfully long post haha.

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. #2 Doc-J, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    There is no way you will keep someone 15ft away from smelling an outdoor flowering plant. Any box or greenhouse will look obvious as well.

Your plant is several weeks from being mature enough to flower, and then it depends on where you are located. We are coming in to the beginning of veg season in the northern hemisphere (except extreme north locations of coarse) so it may not flower naturally for several months.

The purpose of a greenhouse is to give more environmental control, and has nothing to do with trapping light. No need for reflectivity with the sun, open sides would be better. Simply removing the top off the mini sauna your plant is in isnt going to be sufficient for very good growth.

3. #3 Joker11211952, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    There are numerous discussions on the forum addressing these concerns.  Are you too busy or elitist to do some reading? And telling inexperienced growers who may be facing and solving your very same problems is not cool.
    There are threads on determining  gender.  Don't ever line with foil- it cause hot spots, use a flat white surface that reflects the light or mylar. Charcoal filters that fit on your exhaust will filter out the smell.  Maybe you better think about an indoor stealth grow.  You do sound like an asshole for telling us just who can reply to your thread.  I won't tell you my experience level, but I have grown more marijuana than you and these are not assumptions.
    There are numerous threads pinned to the board that tell you everything you couldn't be bothered to read.

4. You have a LONG way to go.

5. #5 XxIshienxX, Apr 11, 2014
    Thanks for the info! I would have totally messed my plant up big time! But, I always thought the purpose of a green house was to mimic the atmosphere and trap more of the greenhouse gasses than would normally be trapped just by the atmosphere? Also, would there be a way for me to at least reduce the smell? I don't want to put anything on it though that might ruin the taste of my buds. I'm closest to the equator, though I'm still technically in the northern hemisphere the seasons here stay mostly on the warm side till about November. Very humid here too. The last plant I tried to grow near the beginning of the summer about 5 weeks in, I left my plant in someone else's care while I went away they didn't water it for about 3 days and it was dead when I came home. So that's why I started right in spring this time.

6. #6 XxIshienxX, Apr 11, 2014
    Hahahahaha elitist? Not at all, just like everyone else who posts here for help, I had specific things that I wanted answers to. I believe I already said I've researched, and mostly in these forums. And I didn't say NOT to post, but I do see where you're coming from and to all that I've offend I do apologize, but I'm sure you can understand what I was saying, if I go off of someone inexperienced then I could possibly kill my plant. Imagine if someone told me my stupid greenhouse idea was okay and I should go ahead with it? I would seriously pissed off. I know about indoor stealth grows, but I definitely don't have funds to support the rise in electricity it would cause. And I've read a few sexing posts, my concern now is that the incident with my cat has turned it into a hermaphrodite(if it even is a female), but that shouldn't effect potency, from what I read it will just reduce the amount straight bud I get. I still haven't found anything on how to sex before it starts budding. Would you happen to know?

7. A greenhouse is for controlled environment, they have to be vented for fresh air and moisture evacuation. Nothing to do with light, mostly about temperature control and moisture control. Stagnant greenhouses kill and rot plants.

I would recommend making a decent greenhouses with some venting and grow a few different kinds of plants. Maybe something that naturally makes some kind if fragrance to mask the Cannabis

8. Do you know if any plants that could mask it personally, as well as interact well with the Plant, as to not stress it out of course.

9. No, nothing specific to mask the smell.
    When it comes to other plants around cannabis, rosemary is good for insects, garlic may do the same.
    Things like that.

Quantity =/= quality, pics or stfu

@OP, browse the organics forum for good tips (also, my grow journal), I treat my vegetables the same as I treat my marijuana and they both love it!!