General Hydroponics

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by shaoblivion, Jan 3, 2008.

1. So my first official grow is underway and it's a soil grow. That aside, when I get my own place this summer I want to have an actual room instead of a grow box in my closet ;). When I do, I would like a hydroponics system, however, I've never done anything hydro so I'm wondering if there's somewhere I can find pics/instructions on a really big hydro set up to hold about 30 plants... I'm wanting to have about 2 feet or more space for each plant because I want to try a spiral lst from the inside to the out with an extra long veg cycle. Opinions and constructive criticism always welcome guys. Thanks alot.

2. Hey. Did you notice that there are stickies at the top of this forum titled "Hydroponics" and "Bubble bucket hydro method 101?"

...didn't think so.

The information is there! You are not the first to have questions! All you have to do is expend a FEW FUCKING SECONDS TO LOOK AT THE STICKIES instead of asking for someone to hand you the information that you want on a golden platter.

That said, if you have any questions after having read the stickies, feel free to ask.

3. I did actually. I just thought it would be easier on everyone to post a question separately cause there are so many pages and questions there. Too much clutter.

4. Read the clutter. Hydro growing is pretty simple once you know what you're doing, but the learning curve is a bitch. There are just so many details that you've got to keep track of. So take the time to do the research and learn everything you can before you try to grow hydro.

If you're too lazy to read everything because it's "too much clutter" then don't bother trying to grow hydro. You won't succeed.

By the way, 30 plants is way to many to try to start with. You're much better off starting with a couple of plants to learn what your doing and then scaling upwards as you get experience. Not to mention that the equipment needed to grow 30 plants at once will set you back a LOT of cash.

5. Thanks for the input, I think I've found the system I want to base my hydro on

6. You always this rude to people with questions?

7. Did I give him advice that led to him finding answers? Yes. Do I think he's a little impertinent for not spending an ounce of effort to find the answers himself? Yes, and my post reflects that.

The only one who seems to have a problem is you. If you'd like to settle it, feel free to PM me. It's a bit rude to call someone out on a public forum, IMO.

8. sounds like alot of work to train 30 large plants...a fulltime job at least. I don't think you know what you are getting into.

9. If we're talking about calling someone out then what were you doing in the first place.

Wasn't looking to start a fight but most of the users I've seen here like to discourage hostility.