General Help First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 2010myzen, Sep 4, 2010.

1. :rolleyes::bolt:Hi- This is my first grow, which got a little out of hand because so many seeds sprouted and became females. I am growing several strains- 8 F plants- lots a buds, 12/12 cycle- 8 in tent-10 in a bathroom- Both areas well ventilated. All plants have a good amount of buds for 3 weeks of 12/12- However most of the lower fan leaves are yellow and falling- the under growth on a few very spindly- Top growth great- On Afghan and Mazar have heavy dark leaves- they feel dry, and are curling under- slow growth on the buds- they were late starters- I have read a ton- still confused- All are in 3 gallon pots- lots of roots- hard to dig in to test soil- it is about 7 ph- I give them Jamaican Guano and molassass once a week - humbolt bloom and or alaskan morbloom every other water- very light on each amount of nuts. Any comments appreciated - they are thriving and putting out buds- but still have concerns

Attached Files:

2. I'm just a noob but from the videos I've seen and reading I've done I think your leaf tips are curling from dehydration. if you water them more then the tips should straighten out and curl back up rather quickly

3. Watering could be a concern, but general rule of thumb is to stick your finger into the soil about 2 inches, and if it's still really moist isn't not time to water. If it's relatively dry, it's ok to water. Anything other than that and you are over-watering.

If your soil is at a neutral 7.0 for PH, it's possible that after your vegetative growth has run its course and you are into flowering, the plant isn't able to take full advantage of the nutrients in the soil, because cannabis really needs to be in a more acidic soil...between 5.5 and 6.5 PH. It's in that range that the plant is thriving on the nutrients that you've put into the soil during the veg cycle. When you flower your plant, it will have a different demand for nutrients, and if your soil PH is too high, your plant will go nutrient deficient - unable to gather the nutrients it needs from a more alkaline soil. The additional fertilizer that is not used by the plant can leave a salt buildup, and you'll have to leech your plants with lots of water to flush it out and try to get your PH down closer to 6.0.

Honestly, though, if you are already 3 weeks into flowering, change your watering cycle and make sure you aren't over-watering. Cannabis plants like their short dry spell just before you soak them again. Don't deny them that period. If this doesn't fix it within 24-48 hours, I'm gonna say that you need to leech your soil.

That's my two cents, and just based on my growing experience. There are many other experienced growers in here that would definitely know more than me! But that's what I would do.